Subject Author Posted Replies

How green was my shed
I hope the yokels appreciate it. Reminds me of Screwfix on Hill, Blurton, Stoke on Trent. Weather and climate news - Met Office
2
2

Oddity with fluorescent tube.
About a month ago I replaced an ageing double 6ft fitting with new. Fitted to a ceiling about 3.5m from ground. It is one of a bank of 4 similar fittings. Today noticed that one tube was not lighting....
3
3

Flushing Central Heating
A friend is having trouble getting his downstairs radiators hot. (Upstairs it balanced down to a minimum) A plmber has replaced the pump to no avail. Today he did a power flush but he connected to a...
7
7

Something is ticking...
On the radio.. FM and AM but not all the time. Its every few seconds. I have wandered around with a portable and unplugged everything like chargers etc, and I have no boiler or gass appliences, as it...
20
20

Suspended ceiling rules and regs
Are there any specific rules/regulations/guidelines for hanging stuff from suspended ceilings? Illuminaires, ceiling speakers, fire sensors all just mount on the tiles or clip into the latticework but...
5
5

Cm 907 thermostat
Hi, can anyone help please.I have a Honeywell CM 907 thermostat in the hall. It has worked perfectly well for a couple of years. Recently however, I have noticed on several occasions that either the...
4
4

Re: Mystery Combi Boiler leak UPDATE
After a huge amount of faffing about I think we've found the leak :) We put isolator valves in the two 'flows' and common 'return', blanked off the riser pipes to each end of all the radiators, and...
6
6

FCU in bathroom
Customer asked if I could fit a socket in a bathroom to run a de hum. I said no. Is it OK regs wise to install a FCU & wire the de hum into that?
107
107

OT; Is it just me?
If dinner includes mashed potatoes, I always leave some so I can have a mashed potato sandwich. Nice piece of buttered bread, thick layer of mash, salt & black pepper. Yum! My wife, daughters &...
45
45

OT Evening September
I remember Brian was having some trouble with Evening September. Packed in for me as well. Anyone else?
12
12

Dulux Paint Spring 2014 Special Prices
http://perceptivekitchenfittings.co.uk

OTish: Extension Leads
Bought one of these from Poundland for, er, £1 While it works fine something just had to be wrong with it at that price. Hence the web search, hence the link. Is there any preferred source/brand for...
16
16

Fluorescent tubes and starters
Looks like the tube has gone in the utility room. Only been in about three years. Perhaps we shouldn't have cheese-pared on the starter (tube always flickered two or three times at power-on). SWMBO...
40
40

corrugated metal roof leaking
My corrugated metal roofed shed / garage was leaking this morning through s ome of the fixing holes (they are in the top of the corrugations !). It doe s not usually. Possibly the winds lifted it...
7
7

The Restoration Man - Fawlty Caldwell Towers
cross posted to uk.d-i-y I remember watching the programme. It certainly looked pretty crude, I'm not surprised it hasn't gone down well. In case anybody is interested, BBC2 is currently showing...
2
2