Subject Author Posted Replies

What are the fluffy bits for?
http://petersphotos.com/temp/fluffy%20bits.jpg
20

Replacing Sarking
Hi all, Is there some way of replacing sarking in a roof from the inside and without removing (or disturbing too much at any rate) the tiles? Or the battens?? cheers, cd
17
17

Sourcing Router bits
Any suggestion for makes/sources of general purpose router bits. 6mm 1/4" 8mm. I am only doing d-i-y, and yes I have google and looked at what is available: but if anyone has any suggestions baswed on...
6
6

Broken Oven Light
Small Edison screw 25W 300°C bulb has gone in our oven. The glass bit fell out when we removed the cover, leaving the base firmly (too firmly for my other half with a pair of needle nose pliers)...
41
41

Dishwasher salt light tempremental
Our (just over 2 year old) Hotpoint dishwashers salt light came on a few days ago. Sure enough it took about 1Kg of salt tablets. Usually the light doesn't go off immediately, so I didn't worry too...
13
13

Let's help this guy :D
take a look :)) http://www.gofundme.com/Realize-the-dream
4
4

Fitting lintels and Builder's Insurance
I have a quote for fitting a lintel above the lounge window. There is a history of how this double glazed window got to be installed without a lintel but that's another story. The worry is of course...
14
14

Gas cooker recommendation
Can anyone recommend a gas cooker? We're looking to buy a standalone, nothing fancy.
13
13

OT: Unrestricting a restricted phone
Posted this to yesterday but it's a bit quiet in there and this is rather urgent. Wife has an old Nokia 6136 that's currently on Asda PAYG, who are in the process of moving from Voda to EE. She wants...
13
13

OT: Diesel Motorcycle stator question
Hi doods, I have a diesel Indian Enfield i imported from India in quite a state of 'fix and make do'. I am fixing the electrics at the mo in order to get her on the road for the spring. But the...
13
13

Splitting an ethernet line
Hi - I'm about to buy a new desktop computer, but plan to use my existing one as well from time to time in the same area. But I only have one incoming cable from the router in the relevant room. I...
16
16

Floor joist span question
I have a room, roughly 5 metre x 5 metre square. The floor is 5m by 4m as it falls short of one wall as there is (potential for) access to a basement. There are only 2 joists, one at the edge of the...
22
22

OT Not a good name for a solicitor
It took me 8 weeks to spot that one. Google Maps
33
33

sewage package treatment systems query...
Do the klargester type systems need a running watercourse to discharge into? If so does it have to run 365 days a year? Easiest one is seasonal & dries up in spring til Autumn... Is that likely ok? Or...
9
9

flat roofing technique name?
I've never seen it before. Large dark olive green sheet like a pool liner, draped all over the roof , in one go, then some liquid from a bucket paint rollered over. I don't know if other layers go...
15
15