Subject Author Posted Replies

Kits to open gates automatically - help and advice
Hi Just a quick welcome and introduction - GateAuto is a family run business that has quickly grown into one of the leading suppliers of gate automation and garage door openers. As installers we can...
8
8

Noisey CH Pump
I've got a Grundfos UPS 15-60 CH Pump which has got a bit noisey, with the noise being transmitted via the pipes around the house. A low frequency humming sound which is starting to get on our nerves....
5
5

YCL PTC0001-01 RJ45 socket with magnetics
Does anybody know of a pin for pin replacement for the above RJ45 socket (no LEDs)? Lightening has released the magic smoke from one on an IP webcam. The camera still works but the ethernet port is...
6
6

Gas Fire thoughts
I have a Magiglo Gas fire with an open bed of "coals" under a pre-cast flue formed in the inner blocks of the cavity wall. A recent post made me realise that it is very innefficient and I also get a...
8
8

OT: unrecognised credit card transactions
My latest credit card statement had two transactions on it which I'm 90% sure aren't mine. Both are in double-digits and I don't recognise the retailer descriptions (despite Googling). I phone my...
3
3

Incompetent fitter pays the price.
A County Londonderry gas fitter is jailed for the manslaughter of two teenagers who died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning from a faulty boiler.
13
13

submersible pump question.
Need to empty a 50 ft well. Think this could be very difficult as most pumps seem to operate to a max head of around 35 feet. Guess it could be done with two pumps and a buffer tank at 25 feet....
9
9

220-240v lamps
After years of use, the 4 lamps in the oven needed replacement. Ibought some from a local shop which were marked 230v and they lasted just weeks, got another set from ebay listed as 220 - 240v which...
29
29

Cabinet Hinge Choice
Hey! I've built a cabinet and I want to make doors that will be semi-rebated if thats the right term. Anyway, I want them to overlap the front of the cabinet about a 6mm so the 21mm thick cabinet door...
3
3

Combi boiler & Pump for shower
We are having the bathroom revamped and two queries have come to light which I would be grateful for help on. The problems are raised by the guy doing the work for us. First I had choosen a Valencia...
6
6

Roller garage doors. good? bad?
Hi Am in the process of rebuilding my garage and have been looking at roller d oors. Garador and Alluguard have caught my eye after fairly inadequate searching. Does anyone have an experience of them...
51
51

How expensive is tunnelling?
That sounds like an awful lot of work and risk for not much return. :) Yahoo is now a part of Verizon Media
47
47

DIY server: Good SATA HDDs
I'm getting one of the HP Microservers while there's still a cashback on - the older Gen 7 one. Now, HDDs - don't work with loads of desktop PCs at work any more, so I don't have an upto date feel for...
97
97

OT. Fracking and earthquakes.
A man-made earthquake caused by fracking-linked wastewater injection led to the damaging magnitude-5.7 Prague, Okla., quake.
5
5

Interceptor trap for rainwater soakaway
I live in an old cottage without mains drainage. There may well have been some sort of soakaway in the past for downpipes on either side of the cottage but they are no longer functioning and I'm about...
3
3