Subject Author Posted Replies

Screw-bolts
I am looking for some bolts which have a screw thread on one end and a metric bolt on the other. ie drill hole in wood - screw the bolt in via screw thread - leaving bolt protruding. What are they...
2
2

Toilet cistern ball valve dripping already!
I replaced it only four years ago with one of these: yet it is now starting to drip slightly. A neighbour once told me that this hard water area plays havoc with ball valves as even a little piece of...
7
7

Reducing a window aperture by about one brick's length.
After the outside loo - which was really space stolen from the corner of my tiny 7'6" x 7'6" 1920s kitchen - was taken out I asked for as big as poss. a window in the resulting West facing wall. The...
18
18

mending split rose stem
I was putting in new eye hooks and pulling the top of the rose around the corner of the house when the stem split lower down. I've tied it up with string. But insects could get in the split and kill...
9
9

Cement board Qs
I want to build some containers from glass fibre cement board. I dont want something that cant cope with being outdoors all the time. What can and cant last outdoors? Where's cheapest to buy 6'x4'...
24
24

Identify saw file blades name / supplier?
I'm looking for a supplier of these saw file blades. They are 200mm long, round cross section just over 1mm thick. What are they called? I use them for metalwork. Thanks
3
3

AA Battery chargers
Our Duracell NiMH AA/AAA recharger has died. I have recently added some 1700 mAh batteries to the mix of original 1300 mAh ones, which may or may not have precipitated its death. I am looking for a...
58
58

Attaching a folding shower screen to a wall.
I had a folding shower screen delivered yesterday. I have to admit that at 20 Kilos, it is a bit heavier than I was expecting. Looking at the three screws (about 1-1/4" long) provided, I'm rather...
8
8

Compressor for DIY use. Oil or Oil Free?
I'm considering a 2hp 25l compressor. Should it be oil or oil-free? It would be used for tyre inflate, and tools for car restoration, fence and shed construction and spraying. Some tools seem to need...
10
10

is there anyone who has sealing kit for an ideal wrs 240b boiler?
is there anyone who has sealing kit for an ideal wrs 240b boiler?

Introducing the Altaeros BAT: The Next Generation of Wind Power
Imagine a wind turbine way up in the air, held there by helium that rapidly leaks out. Tethered by conducting cables - wouldn't they be heavy, to conduct all that power? Now imagine thousands of them,...
1
1

OT Apauling waste
http://www.lbc.co.uk/commonwealth-opener-to-see-towers-demolished-88391
64
64

Can you identify this product...
...from the warning label attached to it? http://tinypic.com/r/k4f7ef/8
13
13

Soil pipe through wall
This soil pipe is so close to the wall that the 90 degree bend is going be half-buried in the pebbledash for the pipe passing through the wall to be perpendicular: I'm concerned that's going to look a...
6
6

Which type of new front door ?
Hi, After collecting SWMBO from work yesterday, we got home to find our 20 year old uPVC front door cracked... There seems to be no sign of attempted entry through / around the door / frame, indeed,...
9
9