Subject Author Posted Replies

Garage door seal
I'm going to install a seal at the bottom of the up-and-over garage door. Well, not really a *seal*, just something to keep the leaves out. Looking around there seem to be brush types and rubber blade...
5
5

Supplier of Tenby double switched sockets?
I need to match some existing Tenby double sockets but can't find a supplier - any suggestions?
6
6

Foot pump maintenance (car tyres)
We have an old banger for running around in, and I need to use my foot pump more than I'd like on its rather old and rusty wheels. Lately my pump *seems* (could be wrong) to have become less...
20
20

using salt when seasoning a wok?
Does it achieve anything to use salt when seasoning a wok, or is it just messing about? And do you still have to burn oil afterwards? Sources differ, Thanks for any advice Harry
3
3

stainless splash back
Kitchen job. Any experiences on stainless cooker splash backs? Particularly keeping clean. I see Screwfix do a modestly priced one on MDF. My real problem is that the cooker (electric) needs to stand...
3
3

eBay scam
So what do you think you would be buying ? Everything says Glass Screen Back, But in small print , under colour, it says screen protector only. WTF Sign in or Register | eBay Sign in or Register |...
6
6

[OT] ZFS on linux
Well, thanks to Andrew G and others who mentioned ZFS in the SATA disks thread. I've been playing with it and - wow, it is impressive. Installing on Debian is a breeze. It seems perfectly happy on...
33
33

Cheap IR Thermometer on Ebay
Someone in mentioned an Ebay seller who is selling IDC insertion tools for 99p - a hell of a lot cheaper than the Screwfix, etc. I happened to notice that the same seller has got IR thermometers for...

OT: Sorting and arrows
Ever noticed that in a list of files, emails, etc, that the arrow points towards the lowest end?! That's illogical. Opera used to do it the right way round, and M$ the wrong way, now Opera has been...
2
2

Sticking down roofing felt
I have a small (just a couple of square feet) piece of thinnish roofing felt to fix to the lid of an outdoor container. I don't want to use nails and I'm reluctant to buy a large tin of the proper...
2
2

Fix Fence Post to Wall
I've got a 100mm square timber fence post close to a neighbour's garden wall that's broken just under the soil. Rather than dismantle the fence to replace the post I was thinking of just screwing...
11
11

Rats in garden
There are three holes near the fence where I think the critters have their burrows. What can I do? Is a rat infestation notifiable? Should I get the council to send out a ratcatcher? I don't fancy...
52
52

reciprocating saw advice
For an upcoming fence repair/renewal job I am considering purchasing a powered saw with a blade reach long enough to get between rail and post. A nail wrench tends to damage otherwise reusable rails....
17
17

Washing machine inlet hose
Washing machine inlet hose - I've just fitted the hose that came with a new Beko washing machine for someone. To stop it leaking, I had to tighten the hose with a pair of grips. Normally, finger...
4
4

LED driver and wiring
I have several low level LED stair lights in my house. They are Aurora AU-STL883 with a built in driver. They are all wired via the loop-in method. None of them work apart from the first one which...
7
7