Subject Author Posted Replies

Sizewell C
Approved, but sounds somewhat tentative. Do I remember something about Hinckley C strike price dropping if Sizewell C goes ahead?
3
3

Electricity questions (longish)
I volunteer at my local history Archive. We occupy school-rooms attached to a local Methodist chapel. Roughly every four months the chapel people give us a bill for the electricity we've used in the...
42
42

Solar panel wattage
It's not a big issue, i'm just rigging up some LEDs at the back of the garden and it's only 20 quid but could this 40x20 cm panel possibly kick out 50w? For example, a 100W solar panel can achieve a...
42
42

Floor ? Ground?
What is this new affliction people suffer from when they call the ground the floor Oxford languages: Floor the lower surface of a room, on which one may walk. "a wooden floor"
22
22

Rotary switch
I need an IP65 32A rotary switch disconnector. Are there single pole & N variants? .... TLC and the like only seem to have TP & N ..... OK U can use and only wire one pole .... but would seem a waste.
2
2

OT: Why don't we cover mountains in wind farms?
Why don't we cover mountains in wind farms? Anyone who's climbed a mountain will tell you it's much windier up there. Plus nobody is using that land....
114
114

ha ha
Londons burning .....
2
2

OT: New nuclear fuel find announced.
Kwaqsi Kwarteng has announced £75m to be bid for by companies able to secure a UK nuclear fuel change. Finally, the gummint seems to be serious.. "Announcing the launch of the Nuclear Fuel Fund,...
1
1

Stuttering Media/Old LG TV
Our 9 year old LG TV - never a problem - has some "smart features". Being able to play media from USB (sticks, drives) and via DNLA are the most useful. Annoyingly the powerline connection to my media...
19
19

Cool air drawn in from N side of the house?
I recall reading in this Group some years ago a proposal to cool a house by drawing in the cool air at floor level from the N side of the house and venting from the top level on the S side. I've just...
27
27

hot
UK hits hottest temperature on record UK hits hottest arbitrary excuse to remove your car, boiler and liberty
2
2

Multi fuel stove
Hi Can anyone recommend a direct air multi-fuel stove 5KW+? Hopefully with a steel rather than vermiculite baffle. Thanks.

Independent says solar storm will hit Earth on July 19th
"expect signal disruption on Earth's nightside" Ooer, Are our electronic devices about to be za
2
2

Temperature Comparison 1976
I think somebody in here raised this recently, the BBC has put a comparison on its website: People have been comparing the current temperatures with 1976 heatwave. What does the evidence show? People...
26
26

Choosing a ceiling fan
SWAMBO wants a ceiling fan for our lounge. We already have 3 in other smaller rooms, they are all the same model with 6 short blades each. The question is do we stick with many but short blade models...
7
7