Subject Author Posted Replies

Postcrete - is it strong enough for 12 foot gate post?
I've a hole with a metal post in it, around 30 inches deep, i'm hanging a 12 foot field gate on it. I like the idea of putting a bucket or 2 of water in the hole and dumping a couple of bags of...
12
12

Fused Spur with Alexa or Similar
Folks, Was looking to "smart" my immersion but can't seem to find a fused spur unit with WiFi. Does any one make one? Dave
16
16

Plumbing size for 2 metre long galvanised farm water trough?
I'm not at home at the moment with zero tools and zero accurate measuring devices...... What is likely to be the pipe fitting in a 2 metre long galvanised farm water trough? The tank is brand new and...
6
6

ebay sign-in being difficult (2023 Update)
Just tried signing in to Ebay to place a bid on something I've been watching for a few days. It thinks I'm signing in from a different computer (which I'm not) and it's asking me to confirm my...
7
7

Internet has been off
....for the last 24 hours. Came up about 5:15 very slow at 55kb/s@5: 40 speed up to 550kb/s....seems as if it is finding the fastest route over time. No information of course.
2
2

fan boosted radiator - how well does it work? Useful for heat pump?
A few years ago I saw an advert for a small fan+duct which blew air through the fins of a radiator. The idea was to get more heating power. Has anyone used this system, and how well did it work? I...
74
74

Carpentry - two problems left
1) I need to route a groove along the edges of several furniture boards into which a 5 or 6mm backing sheet can lie. I wondered if there was some kind of jig I could employ together with an electric...
10
10

Converting VW van - is chassis a reliable earth for site mains feed?
My neighbour (an electrical contractor) is converting his van into a mobile home. He's put in multiplt leisure batteries, led lights, 2000W inverter , etc. Etc. His earth just clamps to the chassis...
2
2

cool
The Cisco Kid TV Toy Premiums Archway Cookies Collection How many remember The Cisco Kid western television series starring Duncan Renaldo in the title role, the Cisco Kid, and Leo Carrillo as the...

Is there a special name for this sort of bracket?
Does this sort of bracket have a special name:- 'm looking for something like this but I'm having trouble coming up with a search term to at least provide a reasonable number of hits. Something solid...
1
1

Ivy tendrils on brickwork
Ok. So I have fitted the garage plastic fascia board and replaced/repainted the soffit board. Now, how do I get rid of the Ivy tendrils clinging to the brick wall? Failures so far include angle...
19
19

Thunderbird - setting filters
Just a quick reminder that there's a short 'how to set filters' on the wiki: As far as I can see, the recent spam crap has all come from one poster, using newsdemon. Starting at "Filtering cross...
4
4

Glasses recycling schemes (paging R D S)
Do any of glasses handed-in actually get re-used to feed blind orphans in India, or are they just quietly junked out the back? I've got dozens of old pairs at my parents house ...
5
5

Earth Rod
2 parts to an earth rod Q. On advice on another forum - I need to install an Earth rod when a new TT circuit is installed. What size earth rod do I need ? Looking at some of the the information I have...
11
11

electricity provision
Is it true that the UK had a power emergency last week and had to beg Belgium for some leccy? Bill
7
7