15mm tee fitting with isolation valve(s)?

Hi there Does anyone know if this item exists? My local plumbers merchant doesn't know of one. I want to replace a compression isolation valve with a tee fitting, and keep the valve action. This is under a sink and there's little room in the pipework elsewhere.

Thanks Jon N

Reply to
jkn

You mean like this?

have them on their shelf, and most plumbers merchants should stock them as well. If you get stuck, then the screwfix site has them as you can see.

Reply to
BigWallop

Hi BW

BigWallop wrote: [...]

Well, like that, but with a compression fitting end on the third leg of the tee. The 'tee' on this one has an outside thread for fitting eg. a Washing machine hose, doesn't it?

FWIW I'm planning to fit an outside tap - timing is not great as we're about to get a hosepipe ban, but never mind. From the current fitting it's only 15cm or so to the outside wall and I planned on runnig 15mm copper straight through the wall. If there is an alternative way which would allow me to use a fitting like this in this situation I'd be pleased to hear of it.

Thanks J^n

Reply to
jkn

In message , jkn writes

I'd have thought you could some sort of connector to the threaded end of the fitting.

In fact thinking about it I must have used such a thing when I made a 3 way splitter from copper pipe to attach to my outside tap to feed multiple hoses etc. Ask again at the PM?

Reply to
chris French

Yes, but I'm pretty sure that will be a standard thread so I suspect a

3/4" tap connector would fit.

You can get kits of all the bits from the sheds is it worth the hassell? ISTR they use "washing machine" type fitments both to the pipework and back of the external tap.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Are you then having a long run of pipe round the outside wall? And where are you in the country?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The hose connection branch on these fittings are all 3/4'' BSP, so any fitting which makes proper connection to that size will do. You should find that most hose fittings will also be this size.

Reply to
BigWallop

Stick one of these on it?

Rob Morley

In message , Rob Morley writes

While you would imagine that would work ok, it may not. In the afore mentioned attachment I made for my outside tap, when I tried to use a tap connector it didn't mate properly and leaked a lot. When i made another one I got a different fitting , maybe just a plain compression to threaded fitting that worked much better. So it would seem it depends on exactly what the threaded bit is like

Reply to
chris French

In message , jkn writes

I saw exactly the thing you are looking for yesterday. In Homebase of all places.

Reply to
chris French

No, I intended the tap to be mounted directly where the pipe came out. And we're on the South Coast. I imagine you're asking about the possiblity of freezing, but I'm not sure of your specific point...

J^n

Reply to
jkn

Just take no notice of him.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Beast to use a plastic outside tap, as they resist frost far better. Use plastic pipe through the wall, sleeved in plastic too. More expensive but better.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yes - something like that. I'm in London with two outside taps both run in copper and never had one freeze - or at least so as to damage anything.

But obviously, if you can fit a stopcock easily, it makes sense to do so.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Just why would you want to sleeve plastic pipe where it went through a wall?

Is this so when your tap falls off the wall as it would, the pipe doesn't fray through as it swings in the wind?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

And ... put an isolating valve on the inside before your pipe goes into/through the wall. This'll mean that you've got about a foot of piping before your outside tap - in the autumn turn off the inside valve and open (=ON) the outside tap - then you'll be indifferent to frost. BTW - you'll need an appropriate anti-siphon valve on the feed to the outside tap.

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in a silly message news: snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk...

So the CVT gearboxes can go though

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Hi Brian It was to get the isolating valve that led to me asking my initial question about a tee with built in isolation valves!

I didn't know plastic _taps_ were available ... not sure of the benefits but I'll investigate further.

J^n

Reply to
jkn

The OP, is putting an isolation valve on the inside, hence the subject. Most outside taps these day have an integral non-return valve. If not then one has to be installed between the isolation valve and the outside tap.

Isolating the outside tap in winter is a good thing, but, the isolation may be in a difficult to get to location and you may want to us the hose in winter to hose off the car each week, so isolating is impractical. This is where a plastic tap is useful against frost.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I'd love to know how many in the SE of the UK have had a brass tap damaged by frost.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)