Subject Author Posted Replies

surface mount - kitchen unit hinges
Has anyone come across a surface mount version of the type of hinges commonly used on kitchen units please? I need an hinge which 'throws' a door out and clear of the carcass, as it opens.
6
6

YWS stool
I purchased a YWS folding stool from Amazon. It broke the first time she folded it. The plastic is too thin and too brittle. I'll re-engineer the broken hinge for her, but I'd recommend avoiding this...

Under kitchen surface hot water storage heaters
Just come back from a trip where there was no kettle only an extra, small hot tap, lever operated, mounted alongside the regular tap on the sink. It did work extremely well. However, to get the water...
3
3

Identifying a thread
Bought a new wakeboard and the screws in previous wakeboard don't fit the tapped holes in new boards ... previous screws were 1/4" x 20 UNC The threads in the new board appear to be 26 tpi on 0.2295"...
13
13

replace radiator tails to bring a short distance out from wall?
Hi All I am looking at replacing one of our existing wall-mounted radiators for a newer one, for aesthetic reasons mainly. The replacement is likely to be the same size (HxW) as the current one, but...
12
12

OT Yet more Nuclear bollix.
The true cost of nuclear power. Controversial consortium was ‘put through its paces’ before getting contract extension
26
26

Beyond the Multimaster
I have just finished completely renovating a two-bedroomed flat. No alone, but supervising and a lot of finishing work. I had expected to find my Fein Multimaster the greatest help in this task but I...
4
4

Stud finders
Trying to locate a concealed wooden fixing behind a tiled/plasterboard wall. Are 'stud finders' any good for this? My previous experiences is with metal detectors that looked for powered cables (there...
21
21

Re-tiling bathroom
Greetings Under orders I have started removing/replacing tiles from bathroom walls (because I'm told the ones there are now dated!). I can see a lot of the original adhesive gets left behind. Is it...
19
19

'hand operated' cotter pin wanted
I'm after a cotter pin that I can insert and remove easily by hand. At least I think I want a cotter pin if it's one of those pins with a shoulder at one end and a hole for a split-pin retainer at the...
17
17

Easy DIY . Daily Mail Supplement
Well I'm well on my way to becoming an ace builder. I' reading the Daily Mail's *Easy DIY* Supplement. Which features the lovely Sarah Beany. For instance: On oiling a door hinge. Says to use WD40 or...
35
35

Double glazed unit in wooden door
I have a LF&B door in my kitchen and I an going to open up the top section and fit a double glazed unit in there. What would be the best way of fitting the glass against the beads, silicone or putty...
9
9

OT: Now we know....
"In an exclusive interview with Alfred Lambremont Webre, radiation and directed energy expert Leuren Moret, MA, PhD ABT, revealed that Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 of March 8, 2014 was, by the...
19
19

Telegraph OT
OK. So how many of you can stand on one leg with your eyes shut for more than 5 seconds? I felt the grip test and stand up, sit down test were too easy.
33
33

How to track down an intermittent electrical fault?
This is in my workshop which I built, and wired, about 30 years ago. There are 12 fluorescent light fittings in 4 banks of 3. These controlled by a 4 gang light switch. This afternoon the lighting mcb...
12
12