Subject Author Posted Replies

Strimmer/Brushcutter
Ok, I've just managed to kill my old McCulloch (sp?) petrol strimmer/brushcutter, so I need to replace it. My front garden is about 20'x20', back garden three times that size. I live next door to a...
17
17

Anyone here done a parachute jump?
Because I am thinking of booking this for my stag do and so far there are only 2 people who have said yes to going on it. No-one has said no to the trip to the lap dancing club.
40
40

What a difficult job
See my Bath tap problem on 26th April. Having followed all the ideas given in the above thread and finding none of them worked I decided to replace the taps. As we could not source an exact...
3
3

Floating shelves
Hi My Daughter has broken one of the floating shelves in her kitchen. The fixing is the type where a rod is screwed into the wall and the shelf is pushed onto the rods. This is the type of fixing One...
3
3

Is this dry rot?
At the end of my pond I have a small roughly semi-circular brick enclosure about 3' across and 2' high which houses a filter and air pump. It has a flat 'roof' consisting of a piece of WPB, covered...
27
27

Integra Curtain Track - Cording Pulley
Wondering if anyone knows where you can get the pulley wheel device used in the middle of a 2.5 metre Integra plastic curtain track? Ours has completely disintegrated and cannot locate a supplier -...
9
9

Boilers and 22mm gas pipes
Hi all, I have a combi boiler around 12 years old which is supplied by a 15mm gas p ipe. In fact that pipe was probably run originally in the early 80s to a pr evious boiler. When I had a man in to...
8
8

Screwfix Karcher pressure washer 75?
This is on offer at £75 until tomorrow: it seems like a good price for a machine for occasional use. Any gotchas I should look out for? 1.4kW Air-Cooled Induction Motor 360Ltr/hr Max. Flow Rate Auto...
2
2

Anti static on vaccuum cleaner
Simple question. A Bosch cleaner, works fine has the usual convoluted plastic pipe and a metal telescopic pipeand a plastic brush on the end. Its most convenient way to be held is by the plastic at...
17
17

OT, single cup cOFFEE brewer CHOICE?
Hi all, I am trying to choose a coffee maker that uses K Cups or pods to get a constant brew. I live alone and like the idea of a single cup brewer. I have been looking at the: NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto...
27
27

Boxing in stairs
Hi Does anyone have any thoughts on how to box these in ? I'm not even sure on what material to use Many thanks :) Sean http://i61.tinypic.com/14lue14.jpg
17
17

Spot the error!
Watching an episode of 'Lewis' last night, he gets a clue by seeing someone enter 1 9 6 6 into a mechanical push button lock......
42
42

Black & Decker Electric strimmer
My one of these worked fine for a couple of years, but then gradually started to refuse to extend the string. I have tried a brand new B&D spool with string, but it still doesn't work properly. What...
16
16

Fridge freezer, low on gas? taken over a month to loose cooling capacity.
Our fridge freezer, a hotpoint FFA90P, has been struggling to keep the freezer compartment at a stable temp for about the last month and a half. We noticed ice creams were not as hard as usual in...
4
4

Changing Light Switches?
A neighbour, who rents her residence, has in her main room a double-dimmer light switch unit controlling the two ceiling light fittings. Now, one dim mer has failed mechanically; and the dimmers need...
6
6