Subject Author Posted Replies

Steam cleaners
Very strongly advertised now, are they really good. I know they will not be as good as the hype, things never are, however I would be interested in others experience of them.
14
14

Home Lifts ...
OK. In a stupid moment of thinking out loud, (when wifey was listening) I pondered the idea of replacing a staircase in my kitchen (converted small barn) into a lift. The staircase is in one corner...
52
52

Repair Roof Tile
Hi all I was scraping moss off a single storey extension roof last weekend and noticed that one tile has a hole in the top surface. The hole doesn't go all the way through so I am inclined to fill it...
8
8

Karndean over vinyl - can it be done?
I like Karndean floors but I don't like the price of fitting them. I have a small bathroom and kitchen and a very good general builder who is happy t o fit the floor. I have an existing ugly vinyl...

Fox poo
Over the last few days what I think is a fox has left a 'present' for me on the path leading up to the front door. Think it's a young one by the size. I gave the path a good scrub with a strong...
35
35

Where to buy replacement dryer knob for a Zanussi washer/dryer?
I've repaired this knob once but it needs replacing now and the prices I've found so far seem rather silly. The model number is WDJ1285 and the part is called something like a dryer timer indicator...
5
5

Preparing exterior surfaces for painting
Hello I have this paintwork to do: (Original Link) Some of the existing paint is flaking as you can see from the pictures, on the garage door frame and the porch post. So never having done this...
5
5

sunshield for satnav
Bill Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!
18
18

Heating / cooling an insulated shed
I am planning a work-shed. Garden office, if you prefer. Fully insulated for year-round use. I'm looking at 2m x 4m (ish) floor plan and 2m walls. 90mm thick Celotex on walls and ceiling, and as much...
11
11

Sealing around a soil pipe through a conservatory
I have a problem with a leaking conservatory and need some advice before I tackle the suppliers (again). My recently had a conservatory built against the back wall of my house. The wall has a soil...
5
5

Rendering behind wood burner
What's the best mix to render brickwork in an old fireplace prior to installing a wood burner? I've seen the following suggested: 0:1:3 cement: hydrated lime: plastering sand 1:1:3 cement: hydrated...
4
4

HippoBags ..
Next week is project "clear the garage". Plan has evolved from multiple trips to the LA recycling facility, through to arrange for someone else to do the heavy lifting. Looking at HippoBags at the...
50
50

Screwfix prediction
today: Horstmann CentaurPlus C2 programmer - £24.49 I predict the deals for the few days will be ... Fri: Erbauer 6 piece auger bit set - £15.89 Mon: Erbauer 710W 230V Jigsaw - £69.99 Tues: Dryton...
28
28

Spontaneous shattering of double glazed panels (2023 Update)
Hi all, We purchased an add-on conservatory from one of the large UK suppliers about four years ago and since then we have really enjoyed all of the benefits of a warm bright place to sit and relax...
93
93

Bathroom carpet static issues
Can anyone tell me how to stop someone walking on my bathroom carpet from getting charged up? Its fine until you touch them or they touch something earthed. I know its probably due to it being...
12
12