Subject Author Posted Replies

Welding thin stainless steel
You can silver solder stainless.
35

Costco NewAge VersaRac Ceiling Storage Rack
I have just been sent details of this from Costco. I was hoping somebody here might have one. It look useful but to be honest I don't believe the dimensions. Specification 14 gauge steel...
3
3

Soldering 28mm fitting
Have to replace a failed expansion vessel on boiler primary loop. So at same time making use of drain down to fit in a 28 x 28 x 1/2" BSP tee to which I'll fit a 4" pressure gauge. I have done 28mm...
10
10

SpliceLine In-Line Wire Connectors
Bought and used some of these yesterday. Fantastic. Anyone want to buy a crimping tool and loads of crimps? Order online at Screwfix.com. In-line, push-wire connector for solid and stranded wire. FREE...
45
45

Any Chemist on the forum
I have used a commercial additive via a hose dispenser when flushing my boat engine after use in slat water ..... That product is no more, and looked at the competition ... No doubt does a good job...
24
24

An interesting experience
Yesterday, her car wouldn't start. Didn't surprise me as I'd planned to replace the battery but just not got around tuit. So today, as the car was on the drive and it was of course raining, I thought...
54
54

Electrical fault query
Forgive me if there's some pertinent fact missing here but the story's second-hand. My BIL rang to ask why his toaster tripped the RCD in his new kitchen extension. All I could suggest was that there...
10
10

A rather lively - and brand spankin' new - spring... Just where it isn't wanted.
Forget willows and start here A basic guide to land drainage for gardens and fields
46
46

Ring circuit problem
As mentioned in my "soundproofing and AV cabinet in the chimney" thread I'm relocating the mains and aerial boxes from the party wall, and while doing so adding some extra sockets to the ring. At the...
5
5

You're not a real DIY-er till you've done the Ultimate DiY job...... :-)
A growing number of sick people are funnelling other people's faeces into their bowels - with or without help from doctors.
10
10

Tarting up Victorian tiles
The management wants to sort out the hallway this summer. Quite a big job (re-plaster, paint, blah blah) and part of it will be the floor. The biggest part of the space is tiled with original...
3
3

Cotton hi-vis vest - where to buy?
I need to find a long orange hi-vis vest ... it's easy to find them in polyester but, despite spending a long time on Google, I can't find cotton ones - are they available?
2
2

Paint query
I am trying to remember the name of a paint which gave a very rough coating for ceilings - not Artex. Any suggestions please.
7
7

Solar Panels Drain the Sun’s Energy, Ex perts Say
Solar Panels Drain the Sun’s Energy, Experts Say | National Report
13
13

fire door hinges
why are fire door hinges fitted two to the top end about 8-10 inches apart and one on the bottom, this has been puzzling me for quite a while and even firemen I have asked dont seem to know. I have...
5
5