Subject Author Posted Replies

Gridwatch link broken
Went to look at the EDF page showing Nuclear generation and got an error. Turns out they've changed their website and the info is now at (Completely different format - and there's a link at the bottom...
12
12

More Basic Telephone Wiring Qs
Hi all Following on from my previous thread re: Higher Speed Broadband with FTTC, I am trying to establish what sort of loss of signal I am likely to get over my in-house "extension" cable. The reason...
7
7

You mustn't laugh...
Police in Lowestoft are appealing for witnesses after a grey Irlab CCTV camera was stolen from outside a home in Belaugh Avenue.
4
4

Electronic spider repellers - such differing opinions
Electronic spider repellers seem to come in two forms: * ultrasonic which presumably emit some air pressure waves which are either at a fixed or variable frequency * electromagnetic which presumably...
17
17

Gettings floors level
Hi I have a typical early 1970's semi with a brick built extension on the back , which used to be divided with sliding glass doors. Layout here: 7953/6021385447448646850 The section at the back is...
10
10

One for Adam.
http://camponholmemoss.co.uk If you're coming up for the Tour de France there a few things you need to know. http://camponholmemoss.co.uk If you're coming up for the Tour de France there a few things...

Re: Anyone for an ?80 light bulb?
What if I want the two bulbs to be different colours at the same time? I wanted to switch red and white bulbs but give up the idea and had separate red and white LEDs.

Stopping mice climbing
We have been feeding Robins with finely chopped peanuts (salt washed off) and porridge oats. The mice have found it and brazenly come out in day time to eat it. To deter the mice we cut out the sides...
20
20

TOT how do you first realise you are drunk?
With me, it's one of the following: 1. The woman reading the news on Sky News gets very attractive 2. The bottom of the lavatory bowl seems to move towards and away from me 3. My piss stream amuses me...
12
12

unfamiliar network cable
I need to reterminate a new network cable, but its not one I'm familiar wit h. It has 8P8C connectors, but they're metal lined. The cable is 7mm OD, ea ch twisted pair is foil screened and kept...
8
8

Electrical problem with jointer. Nicked from another group
Made me giggle. It's my birthday, so I'm allowed. Are you using Australian electricity? I'll do my best to simplify the answer. I think its time for me to explain about 240 current and why it is so...
6
6

OT Weather this weekend.
TNP been doing a rain dance? Anything to get rid of PVpanels. THE worst HAILSTORMS since 1843 will smash into Britain THIS weekend, shocked experts have warned.
6
6

OT. Outlook for Euro(land)
Europe’s broken single-currency system will consign weaker economies to years of corrosively high unemployment
1
1

air in boiler primary cct
I have a Baxi Barcelona boiler on primary loop to a Thermal Store. In this configuration .. the store water contents are circulated around the boiler (rather than just a transfer coil) Primary loop...
19
19

OT: a view from Brussels
Not that we needed it, but it's nice to have it confirmed: http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/danielhannan/100274672/which-faceless-eurocrat-did-you-vote-for/