Subject Author Posted Replies

How to make a splashback butt join look good?
I need to fit a s/s panel behind the hob and am wondering about continuing it down the whole wall, but these would need 3 sheets because the section behind the hob is taller. Any suggestions on how to...
2
2

Fan Q
3rd fan Q .... SWMBO on hot nights likes to have an oscillating fan in bedroom .......... I'll agree it makes for better comfort, but damn noisy when you are trying to sleep. This is a 12" 3 blade...
26
26

Boiler remote problem
Worcester combi boiler with radio Drayton remote thermostat is switching on when remote is not telling it to. Has worked fine up to now. Batteries fine. Any ideas? Boiler several years old and...
9
9

Building a big shed - bureaucracy and floors
Hello, I currently have as a workshop a cheap Yardmaster metal shed. With some mod ifications (interior boarding, polystyrene in the roof, etc) it's served me adequately for the last five years or so,...
24
24

Hotpoint Dishwasher Fire Alert
FYI I've just received a letter from Hotpoint stating there is a low risk of a module(?) overheating and in rare cases a fire hazard. Models FDW20/FDW60/FDW65A with a serial number with the first five...
7
7

CH heating not switching off, independant of programmer. Solution please?
Conventional vented fully pumped system with motorised valves to CH & DHW. Still set to come on for a couple of hrs am & pm. Mainly for dhw but ch just in case. Came home this afternoon and heating is...
8
8

PC Fan wiring Q
Going to be using a PC fan on a non-PC project. (details in earlier thread) I bought (and also recommended here) the ARCTIC F12 PRO TC It arrived ... and as well as standard 3 pin lead which is...
4
4

OT - Greenpeace finances depleted
3.8 million euros down the pan that can't be spent pushing the grubby green agenda has to be a good result. I'm off to open a bottle of red to celebrate Yahoo is now a part of Verizon Media
8
8

Cooling upstairs of a house
A couple of years back I posted a question .. didn't get very far, thought I'd try again. I have a modern highly insulated 2 storey house, and this time of year the upstairs get very hot .... and with...
63
63

Karcher suction hose.
I wanted to use RO water to clean my windows using the pressure washer as a pump. It doesn't work with just a length of hose attached to the inlet. However it does work with a £2.37 non return valve...
5
5

Re-celling with Li-Ion or Li-Po
I'm tempted to re-cell a couple of dead NiCd battery packs with Li-Ion/Po (with appropriate charge/discharge protection!!). It looks like it should be fairly straightforward and cheap. Has anyone here...
3
3

Flue Longevity
Hi all General question to the floor I guess... How long would you expect boiler flue components to last? This is one item that, in the normal course of events, I would expect to be fit-and-forget for...
6
6

Tumble drier "Clean filter" light comes on falsely
We have a Whirlpool tumble drier (about 5 years old), on which the red warning LED, which means that the lint filter needs emptying, keeps lighting up when there's hardly anything in the filter, so...
4
4

FYI: Toolshow 2014
Hi all Their publicity doesn't seem too good, and I hesitate to do their work for them, but FYI 'ToolShow 2014' is at the Amex Stadium, Falmer, nr. Brighton, on 19th & 20th July this year. Cheers Jon...

Re: av
I think what you really need is a brand new hard drive.
26
26