Subject Author Posted Replies

Cam belt change
Would you buy an 11 year old Clio with unknown cam belt history? More than 110,000 miles on the clock. I've seen a video of how to replace said belt, but is a simpler inspection all that would be...
66
66

Identify hex screw bit head
Anyone know what this is used for, as far as I am aware it was in a pack of drywall screws. It is just a pointed head.
9
9

Looking for bathroom door lever handles with lock
I’m looking for some replacement lever handles for a bathroom door. Rather than it being a door with a mortice type lock where a bolt comes out to lock the door, it’s the kind where the door has a...
6
6

OT: fuel used by air conditioner
My car has the usual miles per gallon display. Does this take account of the air conditioning or is it only measuring the fuel used by the engine? Or does it come to the same thing?
56
56

Blocking up an internal doorway
Hi we are looking to block up the doorway pictured but not sure where to begin or what we might need to consider. It is a 1960s semi with concrete floors. The other side of this wall is the kitchen...
3
3

Recession ..?
Over my life and I am twelve years older than jim, there have been dozens of recessions in our economy, whichever government is in place makes no difference. A cynic might think MPs are self serving.
38
38

SOT: Pan newsreader problem
I've been using Pan for ages on this Win 10 Home/64 PC until a couple of days ago when I clicked its icon and the Pan window appeared and immediately disappeared! Now that happens every time, so I've...
36
36

buying petrol
bought about £30 worth from asda on 1st August still showing as £99 on my statement...They informed me that the £1 pre charge was changing to £99 or such lower amount that was in your account and...
54
54

What language was this...?
...before Google Translate got at it? Any guesses? ******************************* Hello Dear Client Unique ID- 11472401 We value you for being a functioning endorser with us since 02 Aug 2021. Your...
8
8

Kafka has nothing on HSBC
Scenario. Friend has a trading account that has some investments in that habenyt been touched for years. linked to an HSBC bank account that no longer exists, because the local branch closed down 2...
21
21

Water Butt Installation
I am installing a number of water butts, 2 linked ones near the back of the garage near the downspout. A third one is to be installed in the front garden feeding off the other downspout off the garage...
4
4

Luka
Just found out Luka was a boy not a girl....shocking
2
2

Who owns the roof parapet?
Which side owns this parapet wall, and who pays for the capping tiles to be replaced? And where have they gone?!!
7
7

So, this "smart" floodlight ... :(
cannot seem to get it to pair. Either by "Smart" mode or AP mode.I have disabled the 5GHz function on my router and tested the 2.4G signal strength at the floodlight itself -57dBm (strongest signal in...
19
19

redneck car heater
8