Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: What is the point of a start/home page (was: bling bing blingetty bing)
Can anyone explain what the point of one of these is? For the user, I mean, not the OS provider or other advertiser. You have to wait for the home page to be loaded and then you promptly go elsewhere.
38
38

Unfused 13A plugs on mobile X-ray machines
Came across this, and thought other readers here might be interested. http://www.hfs.scot.nhs.uk/publications/PSAN9504.pdf
5
5

A DIY Plasma-Cutting TIG Welder?
Hi all, I'm seriously considering building a plasma cutter following the thread on same here of a few days ago concerning heavy metal cutting. However, I like to get as much value out of anything I...
16
16

Wiring regs sanity check
Was talking to an electrician about fitting some new sockets in the (built-in) garage near the consumer unit (adding more to some existing sockets). In the course of the conversation he said 'and...
14
14

Why are cars getting wider
Looking at replacing the 11 year old estate which just fits between our house and next door (with the wooden gates folded back pretty flat against the walls. There is enough room but it can be a bit...
71
71

loft lfters
Anyone used these specific loft floor height increaserisers? Jim K http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Loft-Lifters-Box-Loft-Lifter-Legs-Raise-Your-Floor-For-Increased-Insulation-/301243994228
13
13

DIY Scout badges
I have a 6 week task to get the gf's lad to pass either or So let's assume I go for the DIY badge - that's a piece of piss. However I have now been tasked with making equipment suitable for a group...
41
41

Ikea Li-ion SDS drill
Ikea are selling a 14.4v cordless SDS for £40: I'm not in the market for one but I'm curious to know if anyone's used one and how good (or bad) it was. Welcome to IKEA. Discover affordable furniture...
74
74

OT; Breeze under awning?
I've noticed during the recent muggy weather, that there seems to be more of a breeze about when sitting under the awning. A couple of customers have mentioned this as well. The fabric slopes by 15...
2
2

OT; Piggin Bling!
Bling seems to have taken over my PC and made itself my default search engine. It's utter shite. How do I get rid of the pesky thing?
32
32

Dormer timber revisited - strengthening
I have a dormer build (badly in the 70's) with 3x3" timbers: 2nd photo shows the depravity of the joinery. When I have the roof retiled (inc dormer faces with hung tiles), I got 50mm celotex put...
8
8

Zanussi FL811..Don't want to spin at high speed
Afnoon people, When the good old (27 years old FFS!) Zanussi washing machine goes through the program up to the fast spin cycle it starts up at low revs, then should build up to high speed once the...
4
4

BT, again
Phone busted again. Three times in 19 days. And yet the 4 day wait starts *again*. Total Care doesn't start until the 23rd. Never in my life have I had to do business with an organisation as shit as...
36
36

ply suspended ceiling ......
I want to tidy the cellar ceiling area. Currently flaky old whitewash etc painted joists, covered in ch pipes, wiring etc etc. So I need to suspend the ceiling by 5 inches and have it removable /...
2
2

OT Driving licences
I recently looked at a renewed driving licence. It appears to show that a car driver can now drive a motorcycle with no test. Is this correct? The person concerned cannot ride a bicycle!
69
69