Subject Author Posted Replies

Dust Masks and Goggles don't mix, it seems
Hi all, I made the terrible mistake of buying some of these crappy Sealey face masks: Sadly, they turned out to be worse than useless - by some distance. I was attempting to sand off a water tank for...
17
17

New shed and the my first mortice lock
Meh - just spent all day on one lock. 1.5hours finding tools and some quite significant number of hours drilling and chiselling away to fit a sash mortice lock. I must admit - I am pleased on 2...
4
4

Could someone please confirm usage for these LED bulbs
I am just trying to get confirmation that these bulbs can screw straight in to a normal lamp socket without the use of a transformer. pack 4X 6X 12X Socket E14 light colour Day white/Warm White Power...
13
13

Advice please new composite door?
My sons just had a new composite door installed with frame. Clearly the frame is not square, (fitters trying blame it on the plasterer boarding the ceiling in the same room) . The thickness of the...
30
30

Odd battery pack ?
SWMBO uses an "AquaJoy" bath lift. This is powered from a hand control unit, which contains the batteries. Looks suspicious like batteries are dying, so I thought I would Google for "AquaJoy battery...
16
16

Re: Calling router experts (that's rowter not rooter ...)
You can do it with a router with a fence. Or with a circular saw with a fence. Or with an electric plane with a fence. The latter I would say was best. Saves having to buy special bits which only cut...
6
6

USB power supplies.
Using a mini-USB connector to power things from a PS seems to be quite common these days for things like phones, Tom-Tom, etc. Presumably only using some of the 'pins' on the connector as there is no...
56
56

OT- The disappearing art of making scissors by hand
and No connection etc but damn proud we can still make stuff like this in the UK Eric Stones has been making scissors by hand for 58 years. Ernest Wright & Sons of Sheffield, is one of the last...
6
6

Hurrah for amateur ingenuity ....
Brit balloon bod Leo Bodnar has pulled off a bit of a blinder by successfully flying an ultralight radio payload right round the planet. Launched on 12 July from near Silverstone, Northamptonshire,...
12
12

Book repair
Several books have covers coming off, mostly hardbacks, what glue do folks recommend to fix them back on with? NT
15
15

OT- Winter electricity margin down yet another 500MW, possibly 1000MW
Half the site had already been forced to close under the LCPD earlier this year with the loss of 1000MW, this fire is in the remaining half. 500MW not expected back in service this financial year...
8
8

Automated home.
No commercial connection with them, except that the guy who wrote the programs is a mate of mine ... The UK’s Smartest Home? Part 1 – Automated Home
16
16

Repair log flower bed border
I've got a flower bed which is edged with logs similar to those shown here The logs are held together with two strands thick, stiff wire which are beginning to rust through, causing the whole thing to...
20
20

OT - Google Nexus 5 and a problem
Sorry - meant to crosspost then forgot to add this group! I know the knowledge on here is immense so.... I've got a Google Nexus 5 mobile phone and one thing is puzzling me, not to mention annoying...
15
15

Indespension Trailer book
Hi There-I am a recent newcomer to this site, having purchased a Indespension braked coupling,plus braked units,plus 3 wheels and tyres in anticipation of building a trailer in the near future-I am...
25
25