Subject Author Posted Replies

TOT Music, from any year
Relive the music of your childhood!
6

vehicle body corrosion repair
These pictures show the corrosion around the bottom of the sides of my Merc 709D. As you can see I have folded down a section of the outer skin. I can fabricate a replacement quite easily from...
10
10

Antex soldering iron.
My homemade solder/desolder station uses a pair of Antex TC50 low voltage temperature controlled irons. The electronics are a rip off of the one Maplin did as a kit in the '90s. I can select either...
28
28

Car camera.
Bought one of those Lidl were selling this week. It's quite a nice bit of kit - but claims to be 1080p. Playing back something recorded on it looks like it is struggling to do even SD - on this pretty...
8
8

CCTV recorder make and model recommendations?
Hi, I am in the market for a 8 or 9 channel CCTV DVR. The required attributes are: Must be able to record in full D1 or 4CIF from all 8 or 9 cameras simultaneously. (all my cameras are 700 TVL or...
4
4

The line broke!
With a very large back garden and wanting a put up for her a reliable washing line, with no intermediate supports, one which lifted the washing well into the air out of the way - I designed a...
19
19

Insulated radiator pipes
Saw the daftest thing today, insulation on radiator pipes between the floor and the radiator. What do they hope to achieve by this?
20
20

reasonable integrated dishwasher?
After years of crap/repairs and 2 years of it not working at all, we may be able to afford to replace the utterly shit hotpoint BC20 dishwasher.. But is anything any better? Miele at a grand would be...
43
43

Dewalt 5.0Ah Li-ion Tools
I see DeWalt now have 5.0 Ah lithium batteries; What next? Arc Reactor? Dewalt 5.0Ah Li-ion Tools and Kits - MISC - ITS.co.uk Dewalt 5.0Ah Li-ion Tools and Kits - MISC - ITS.co.uk
3
3

resin bonded drive surfacing
Hi, I have an opportunity (= pressing need) to re-do an existing driveway (of about 8m. x 3m.). It is currently a loose shingle on bitumen surface, which has deformed under the load of vehicles. I am...
2
2

OT Good headboard reading light
Can anyone recommend a reading light that will clip on to the *vertical* edge of a bed headboard, has a switch on the light, not the cord and preferably LED? A flexible neck would be nice too. You...
14
14

OT The gf's comments from the weekend
gf "I can't find the ap on my phone to change the TV channel" me "Shall I just use the TV's remote control then? It's next to me on the arm of the sofa" gf "If you must but that's not the correct way...
12
12

Defender 3000 house alarm manual
Can anyone help with finding a manual for the Defender 3000 house alarm.

OT: Remote 'Enter' button connected to Laptop via Bluetooth
I know that this is way OT but Dave P might know the answer ;-) I use a laptop (actually a heavy-as-lead Toughbook) with a Leica GNSS recei ver for surveying. Recording of points is achieved by...
12
12

OT - first razor for teen
Any recomendations for a first electric razor for Grandad to but for his grandson?
33
33