Subject Author Posted Replies

Flue in flue...
Was looking at possible positions where someone could site a new boiler... There is a nNice space on the wall in the kitchen which would be ideal (above where the old floorstander boiler is currently...
12
12

Soar-powered pond pump
Just wondering if anyone's ever used or installed a solar-powered pump for a garden pond. Are they any good at all or (as I rather suspect) pretty useless except in full and powerful sunlight?
19
19

OT - TV episodes, on-line download in UK ?
Is there a good site for downloading UK TV episodes ? In US they have HULU but can't access that. I have tried but it is very slow .. and does not support download, only streaming. Be good to be able...
21
21

Lighting for isolated cottage
I had a query from my electrically competent brother about a guy he went to visit who lives in an isolated cottage with on site generation. The guy is not that knowledgeable and was having difficulty...
18
18

Hi all
Hi what do you think about these paintings i find them amazing Scarpellino Giuseppe Scarpellino Giuseppe
11
11

Cut too much cable from pendant fitting
I've cut too much of the hanging power cable from a pendant light fitting (learning on a needs must basis to use wire strippers). There's now only a few inches of cable hanging. It still works of...
19
19

Replace battery in Braun toothbrush
I want to replace the rechargable battery in a Braun / Oral-B electric toothbrush. There are several videos on youtube showing how to disassemble one, such as which appears to show a very similar...
22
22

Roofing q
What life could I expect from 3mm Onduline and 2.6mm Coroline? NT
7
7

Levelling a shed frame on sloping concrete
Not a request - but a solution. Not not affiliated etc etc... These: are *very* good and surprisingly inexpensive for what they are.. Just used some to put some better support under a 4x2 shed base...
2
2

I just don't beleive it
This morning, after the massive storms of yesterday, we found there was no dial tone on any of the wireless phones. Broadband via the LL is still working, so I tried to find an ordinary plug into the...
23
23

TOT Bit of light entertainment!
2
2

Mira shower pump died
Hi all, Parents shower has stopped working - apparantly the pump now makes a buzzing noise and has a strange burnt electical smell... It's currently this Which a reckon is one of these: So, obvious...
10
10

Tacking cat6 cable to walls
Son's cabling initiative continues to throw up questions. He has got the hall back to bare brick and blockwork, with the intention of getting all the CAT6 cables into place and then employing a good...
50
50

OT but diy vitual xp
Would anyone give a brief guide to copying my current xp installation and then running it on a new physical pc? Is it 1) install something like VMware Converter onto current xp machine 2) create VM...
32
32

OT Utter incompetence
Just received an annual credit card statement from a bank. First time ever. Anyway it shows we spent £xK and paid them £xK500 with no interest charges! The idiots have just grabbed 2 dates and not...
6
6