Subject Author Posted Replies

Draw opening stoppers
Any simple way of putting a "stopper" in a wooden drawer so that the drawer cannot pull right out when opened?
16
16

OT The apprentice now has a new healthier lifestyle
Or so he claims. He told me that he has quit smoking, joined a gym and no longer eats crap food. Well he might have joined a gym but he has not actually been yet because he is to tired to go after...
22
22

Testing TV aerial sockets
Is it possible to tell if aerial sockets are working without connecting a TV? mark
11
11

Hobby drill.
I have an ancient Ryobi cordless hobby drill. The sort with a collet chuck. Now defunct after several repairs including new batteries. It gets light use - drilling the odd PCB hole etc in situ. Minor...
8
8

Microflame mini butane torch
Many years ago I bought one of these and used it for a few jobs. I've just dug it out again but it now burns with a soft yellow flame and, although it's a very simple device, I can't see what's wrong...
1
1

Ice cream maker
I reckon this is DIY, and there is a lot of experience out there. As I now have additional freezer capacity, it would be feasible to consider an ice cream maker, of the pre-cooled bowl variety....
12
12

Patch of peeling paint on the ceiling
The ceiling in a bedroom in my house got slightly damp due to a displaced tile (now mended). When the ceiling dried out there was a small patch of peeling paint. I'm wondering what is the recommended...
2
2

Top basket not waking dishes properly
I have a Kenwood dishwasher and for some reason it doesn't wash the dishes in the top basket properly. It leaves them with dried on fine bits and I have to re wash them in the bottom basket. Why is it...
37
37

concrete window sill
I have a 6 foot long concrete window sill under my kitchen window. Part of it had spalled off along the line of the r bar. The broken part is not as far back as the house wall. The sill is at least 40...
9
9

Buying paint
We're having a fairly major redecorating push ATM. I have always bought paint from our local old fashioned iron monger, who stocks Dulux, and mixes colours on demand. Wifey bought a 5L tin and said to...
38
38

Aerial fu..itters
After gormless gas fitters, (see pilot light perils) has been airhead aerial fiters. Aerial, wind damaged, on flat roof of tenement, downlead fine, internal cable run below floor, so just needs an...
26
26

Automotive relay contact numbers.
Car relays have an odd numbering system for their contacts. Anyone know the history to this? http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-onlinestore/relays/relays.php
3
3

Man not guilty of WD40 'frenzy'
I know everyone here loves a nice WD40 story ... A fabrication worker sprayed a colleague in the face with WD40 in a row about a new pair of overalls, a court heard last Tuesday (26 August). However,...
25
25

1000mm base units.
Magent - basic 1000 unit with 2 doors/ 2 drawers - £81, Basic unit with 2 doors - £76. You'll get a dicount on that with an Account. The good thing about Kitchen retailers is that they can just sell...
23
23

Anyone know what this is?
I'd hoped it was the cap for our well - it's somewhere around there - but now I'm not so sure. It's about 3 inches diameter. The iron pin comes out with a little persuasion, and then I see this Inside...
29
29