Subject Author Posted Replies

Trailer suspension make?
Hi all, Thinking out loud / long shot again but ... many of you guys have 'been round' I was wondering if anyone has seen this (trailer, in this case) suspension setup before? The guy up at the...
6
6

Wanted Heat Pump Engineer in Cumbria
might know of somebody in her area who have a vague clue about her pump...
4
4

DeWalt tools - useless literature
Well maybe useless is too strong a word, but for these quality tools it is rather pathetic to see the instruction manual is nothing but a collection of WARNINGS, CAUTIONS DO'e and DON'Ts. Good grief,...
12
12

When (i.e.which edition of regs) did RCD protection start?
I'm trying to guestimate how long ago the consumer unit at my daughter's house was installed. It's a Crabtree Starbreaker (which if course is a brand/model that has been around and changed a lot over...
6
6

USA domestic power supplies
I'm being asked to supply a high power electrical device to run on a US domestic supply. Ideally I'd want 240v input (120v is too low) In some place on the web I read about 120/208v being available -...
41
41

Berlin Server
I believe that quite a number of people here access Usenet through the Berlin server. In recent days, it appears that posts are often coming through in big batches, then nothing for half an hour, and...
5
5

Waterproofing shiplap on dormer windows
We have a house with lots of shiplap dormers and also a garage with a games room above that has two similar dormer windows. The ones on the house are quite waterproof but the ones on the garage...
2
2

Fitting an in wall shower hose connector
Hi All, We are renovating our bathroom and have gone for one of those designs where all the plumbing is "in the wall". I am now in the final stage and need t o fit the chrome outlet to which the...
4
4

Trimming bottom of door
I have an oak door some 2.25" thick and 36" wide that needs about 5mm taken off the bottom. Is there a suitable tool that I can use without taking the door off? Peter
17
17

And you've been burning them ?
Or eBay ref no 251670679631 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pallet-Wall-Reclaimed-Wood-Rustic-Timber-Wall-Feature-Supplied-Fitted-/251670679631?pt=UK_Bedroom_Furniture&hash=item3a98bdd04f...
25
25

2-part thing to neaten a hole through a hollow wall?
This is one of those "does it exist & if so, what's it called?" posts. I want to stick a cupboard up on a hollow wall (plasterboard on one side of the studs, lath & plaster on the other, I think),...
9
9

Kitchen tap reviver questions
My elderly mother (94) has arthritis in her hands, and has a bit of trouble using the taps on kitchen sink (which is some 55 years old). I planned to fit some quarter-turn tap revivers with lever...
8
8

5 point door locks
What's the point in those fancy 5 point door locks, when you can simply put your foot straight through those stupid modern PVC doors? They're hollow! Wood is far better.
4
4

TOT Fund raising in Japan.
This sure beats having ice cold water poured over your head! X rated? https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8TdvpIYiQZbc0tiSzZpNTVxZGc/edit?usp=drive_web
6
6

[OT] It's official - gigabit is too slow for home...
Just transferring files over to my new Dell laptop that I retrofitted with a 512GB Plextor SSD that measures in at 300-odd MB/s speed (read and write on ZFS) Even with a cable between them, it's...
1
1