Subject Author Posted Replies

Radio 4 Thought For The Day (tonight with Reverend Ottavio of Holy Reformed Church of Lasagna)
Italy (EU) strikes agreement with non-EU but soon-to-be-EU Albania to dump their unwanted illegals over to them. Italian Parliament approves. Albanian Parliament approves. Albania's Supreme Court...
26
26

World Population by Year, 2014-2023
World Population by Year Year...World Population...Net Change 2023....8,045,311,447...70,206,291 2022....7,975,105,156...65,810,005 2021....7,909,295,151...68,342,271...
19
19

OT: Garbage Data Used to Support Climate Change Hoax
On Wed, 31 Jan 2024 22:45:35 +0000, Cursitor Doom <> wrote: ITYM "in the open spaces near (FSVO "near") runways". What's preposterous about that? What do you suppose happens to hot exhaust gases from...
45
45

Flexipipe connection to toilet cistern
I need to make a temporary connection from the supply pipe to my old toiler cistern which unfortunately has a bottom feed into the float valve and where the cistern is placed has a considerable offset...
22
22

Energy payments by direct debits
I've said many times there are *no* checks, despite what is supposed to happen. It'll be interesting to see if anything else comes out of the woodwork. <> Energy firms are ordered to act quickly after...
11
11

Roller Blind
My lounge windows is 235 cm wide with a 135 cm drop. I had a fairly cheap roller blind which collapsed round my ears a couple of days ago and is now a bit banana shaped! The roller was made of quite...
1
1

Rigmorole of setting up Smart devices
I spent much of yesterday evening, trying to get a Sonoff inline, USB switch connected to Alexa. I tried a variety of sets of instructions, poor, multi-language ones, included with it, several on...
10
10

small generator
Hi all I got a second hand generator cheap with a view to 'tinkering it up'. I thought it was 3kW but the stator says 1.8kW Now I've pulled it apart it would appear that the stator windings are shot....
15
15

Compact flush unit
Hi, I imported a compact toilet from overseas 20+ years ago. The internal flush valve eventually broke and I had to replace it. The original flush unit was an unusual/proprietary mechanism whereby the...
1
1

Utterly Stupid Idea ?
Or is it just me ? I were an insurance company, I'd invalidate the policy of any customer that declared they have one ! Personalise your unique keyring with numberplate, made especially for you in the...
46
46

OT: Cold Weather Kills Electric Cars
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/17/business/tesla-charging-chicago-cold-weather.html
2
2

OT: Has your Iphone been Spying on You?
See The Mystery of CVE-2023-38606 podcast at Security Now! Weekly Internet Security Podcast. This week describing the newly revealed SockStress TCP stack vulnerabilities.
5
5

Wanted: Ground penetrating radar for gardeners
SWMBO had bought six new rose plants (bare rooted) and has been trying to plant them near a large silver birch. She decided where she wanted each one, and started to dig a hole. Large tree root. She...
20
20

Workshop heating - success!
I've finally found the tuit to get a cheap Chinese diesel air heater running in the workshop - it's great! They have a reputation for being unreliable but that seems to be down to switching off the...
11
11

"Air Fryers"
Are selling like Dutch tulips did 300 years ago. If the manufacturers were honest, and described them as what they really are - just compact electric ovens that sit on your worktop - I'll wager they...
123
123