15 LED Motion Sensor Light [batt pwrd] Aldi heads up.

Cerrobend, or one of the other "woods metal" type alloys are better than lead because of the melting point around 100 C. And it won't tin the pipe. No idea if you can still buy it though.

Reply to
newshound

On 13 Aug 2014, The Medway Handyman grunted:

These, you mean?

I spotted these down there this morning, and TBH at first glance I thought they were lengths of rebar or something: 1m long FFS! I was really wondering though, how often do you need a masonry drill bit that long, and what for? I'm surprised there's enough market for them for Aldi to stock them...

Reply to
Lobster

Sorry wrong link (but it's the first one on my google search)

newshound

?
Reply to
Farmer Giles

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Oh, I see. I remember the Waltons, but I didn't really watch it much.

Actually, I want to make something similar to that - but to extract essential oil, not make moonshine!

Reply to
Farmer Giles

It often seems that the market grows inordinately simply because Aldi/Lidl have something on offer...

Reply to
polygonum

Hehe, similar happened to me. Doh. Even tho I have a good few I bought some more yesterday. So damn useful. My local Aldi must have had 100 on the shelf - must sell well, possibly ppl 'going back for more'.

Reply to
Simon Cee

Or ice, as I've just seen on youtube.

Grimly Curmudgeon

I use mine more often than you might think. Admittedly I have some two foot walls, but they also go in a more normal wall right at a corner.

Reply to
newshound