Subject Author Posted Replies

It was only a bleedin' shower.
Well, it may have been pretty crap and didn't drain properly, but it certainly didn't give up without a fight. Converting a now ex bathroom into a bedroom for youngest child. Took out old shower...
2
2

Well that's the most bastardy bit of the plumbing done...
You can all laugh now that that took 3 days (not whole days, had kids and stuff, it's half term). Have not air-pressure tested yet because I'm out of JG 22-15mm adaptors. If any of those joints are...
23
23

Replacing a faulty MR16 downlighter
Hi A MR16 12V halogen downlight has failed in a kitchen of my relative. Checks with a meter suggest that the associated transformer has failed. The transformer is dedicated to that light fitting and...
7
7

BT Usenet to cease
Received this email form BT today: Your Usenet service is changing ... On 3 December, we're stopping the Usenet service that comes with your broadband because our partnership with Giganews is coming...
30
30

OT ..Great Picture Gallery..
Cyclone of Rhodes check it out.. // Many more..
4
4

Toilet with concealed cistern not working as it should
Next project - toilet in main bathroom ... :-( It is a dual flush and has a concealed cistern and very little/no access. Was bought from MFI just before they went under, so couldn't find any...
9
9

Totally OT - iPad or Humbl type thingy
Hi all Yes I know I can google this subject and get all manner of review material, but knowing the expansive knowledgebase here.... Er indoors is after an "iPad". By this I'm sure she means a tablet,...
35
35

OT: Surveillance cameras
I'd like to spy on the mice who seem to be getting through an unreasonable amount of bait at the moment, but really I'd like to get a new toy and learn about the world of surveillance cameras. Ideally...
7
7

Gas pressure ... d'oh moment
A couple of times the past few months our combi boiler has either refused to serve hot water, or has cut out in the middle (fun in the shower !). A quick restart of the boiler seemed to cure it, and...

Recommend a lead-acid charger?
I'm about to implement some garden stuff involving a couple of 120HA leisure batterys - and I need to charge them (there will be solar, eventually, but for now they'll get wheeled up to the house to...
39
39

Re: Re:Non-electric light
Eh? Surely though you cannot have a shade on its own hung form something, what would be the point? Brian
1
1

Combi boilers - how is the mains water heated
Idle wondering as I'm looking at combi boilers and have little working experience of such beasts... Do the use a secondary plate exchanger running the sealed system HW through the plate X or do some...
6
6

Gurgling boiler
The boiler (Worcester Greenstar 30CDi, LPG, non-combi) has started sulking. After a morning of luke-warm showers, I poked my nose into the understairs cupboard it lives in, to find "EA" flashing on...
8
8

Non-electric light
Tesco are offering a range of 'Non-Electric' electric pendant lamps, according to their website. Most puzzling. The 'Electric' ones appear to have separate cable and hanger wires, but how does the...
2
2

Laying loft floor boards
Hi, I am thinking about laying some loft floor boards in the loft space of our converted (into an extra bedroom) garage but am a bit unsure as to the best way forward. The roof trusses are what I...
2
2