Subject Author Posted Replies

IPX4 fan suitable for Zone 1?
I have bought an Auro eco 100MST fan for bathroom ventilation: There was already a suitable 100mm passive vent duct fitted, but it was only 2.15 metres above the bath, in Zone 1. The electrician I...
23
23

Another website software question
Thanks so much for all the comments and suggestions in my WYSIWYG web design thread. I'm asking this question separately so it doesn't get lost in that continuing discussion. As a break from...
5
5

Z-Wave home automation again...
Folks wanted feedback... Well, the easiest way to describe this is: Welcome to 1995. OK hardware, shame about the software - and we have a dozen competing systems that are all crap. I sent back a...
4
4

cash discount
How much different from a 'normal price' should a wink wink cash discount be? Jim K
15
15

Let down by solar panels
Let down by solar panels Should have had nuclear instead :-P
40
40

Tape backup, a resurection of a DAT backup system (originally mentioned in the Damaged USB Drive thread).
In response to a discussion regarding data backup strategies that arose within the "Damaged USB Drive" thread started by Graeme (News), I got to thinking about retreiving the backup data that had...
10
10

cutting a tyre up for disposal
No need to cut it up. If he lives on a hill you could wait until dark and then let it go down the road. Any canals nearby? Use it as a fire surround for the garden bonfire. Put it on eBay or Freecycle...
38
38

Removing broken fencepost
Hi all, In the high winds we had recently, a wooden post in the middle of a fence I have got snapped off at ground level. Not a clean break, either. Post doesn't appear to be rotten so it must have...
25
25

Battery replacement
I need to get a battery for a samsung digital cam to check it is still working before I sell it on ebay. The current one (defunct) is a 7.4v 700mAh but I can only find a 7.4v 1500mAh (cheap,ebay) Does...
3
3

OT European Arrest Warrent
1
1

Heating remote control: recommendation/views please?
What is the view of assembled company on re remote control for domestic heating (certainly CH, not necessarily HW, but both would be nice) I've seen * Heatmiser * Nest * Hive Ideally controlled from a...
6
6

Electric ceramic hob fault
I have a 9 year old Whirlpool electric ceramic hob which has developed a strange fault. The hob consists of one halogen "ring" and 3 radiants. Generally, everything works as expected. However, If one...
7
7

Painting a garden fence
I have an unpainted garden fence that was behind a hedge until recently. The timber is in good condition but is rather green with algae in patches. I'd like to paint it to match the other fences but...
27
27

OT, The High Cost of Cheap Gas in Southern Africa.
,, Russia Today are running this documentary (The High Cost of Cheap Gas in Southern Africa) today.. I expect tit will be repeated later,, Worth a watch,, you can catch a six and a half minute preview...
3
3

xpelair XRH override operation
The xpelair XRH remote humidistat is I believe fairly popular. Does anyone know now the override pullswitch works? The datasheet I got from TLC website does not include this information. Does pulling...
1
1