Subject Author Posted Replies

Advice on sprayers please
Due to a damp problem my son has had his lounge, dining room and hall gutted. The plaster has been removed and the floors also, the floors are now solid concrete. As the plaster is new he thinks that...
13
13

DIY burial ? (weird question)
Seeing as Muslims are buried *without* a coffin, would it be allowed by law to simply dig a 6ft hole on, say, Exmoor (with monitored permission)? Cheap burial ;-) BTW, I haven't got anyone in mind ;-)
38
38

Is it sensible - concrete
I've just seen some 'professionals' lay a 20m x 25m L shape, with the house the square in the missing 7x10 square in the corner and all laid as one slab? Seems almost certain to pretty soon crack to...
13
13

Burglar alarm Ni-MH battery
Rather than hi-jack the existing thread.... Some weeks ago our burglar alarm triggered, possibly a spider. Unfortunately, we were away so the strobe continued and possibly ran down the local battery....
12
12

Bosch Boiler ECO mode
Does it really make much difference to energy used? It is a pain having to wait longer for the hot water to come through. I bet the saving is minimal.
14
14

No surprise there, then.
Open up mail deliveries to all - who then 'poach' the very profitable town deliveries - leaving the old RM to deliver to unprofitable locations at the same price as anywhere else. And they've now...
54
54

Charging shelves
Like I suppose many others, I now have a couple of dozen things which have to be recharged fairly often. Has anyone come up with a good way of dealing with this? I've been thinking in terms of a low...
9
9

OT: New Bread Maker required
Some years ago, frustrated by my good lady's complaining about the performa nce of our Morphy Richards bread maker, I asked here about a forum where I could get some help, and it became a family tale...
99
99

OT Day and shorty after
This is incredible!! 1944 ----- 2014. Left click and hold on each photo, and then drag your mouse gently from left to right on the original photograph and it will be become a photo of the exact same...
2
2

Electronic Component Tolerances
In a recent thread, component tolerances were discussed and there was a brief reference to E6 and E12 series. The concept of acceptable tolerances seems to be alien to many people, especially those...
22
22

Fan isolator in airing cupboard
In order to save myself a bit of wall chasing I would like to locate the is olator, for the bathroom fan I am going to fit, in the airing cupboard? The cupboard opens into the bathroom it already...
4
4

Plaster vs. F***ing Render
I seem to have a natural knack for plastering. Not sure where it comes from, but without wishing to blow my own trumpet, I can achieve a 'perfect finish' freehand with little effort. So when I came to...
17
17

Any old iron?
6
6

Teak strip.
Need some teak - quite small, finished size 13.5 x 9mm. About 6 metres. A quick Google only finds somewhere that will machine it exactly to size, and pretty expensive. Anywhere that would do something...
5
5

OT:Mumnset
For various reasons, I've been directed to this site, and occasionally make the odd - usually informational (as opposed to opinional) post. It's only been a couple of weeks, but, assuming the majority...
45
45