Subject Author Posted Replies

Diamond saw blades
I'm faced with cutting some quartz/ply-backed worktops ( 12mm + 26mm ) shortly, and a 150mm diamond circular saw blade is recommended. The manufacturers also suggest a diamond bladce for an angle...
3
3

Samsung TV psu
Just a note for those that care .. Have had 3 Samsung LCD TVs fail recently (2 mine 1 of parents) ... all out of warranty, in each case the PSU has failed. Also in each case it has been the capacitors...
9
9

Security lights
Apologies if this has been mentioned before. It has just been brought to my notice that Wilko are supplying a new range of security lighting, As some of these maybe fitted in the bathroom I wonder if...
14
14

[OT] Surrounded by a forcefield?
Recently we have been having lots of Internet connection issues. We have available to use: Virginmedia cable 3 3G Vodafone 3G EE 4G We find that when VM cable goes off, so too does Vodafone. Sometimes...
63
63

The 'No.2' bus
Does it have a toilet on board, or even several, I wonder! (like the graphics on the side). The UK's first bus powered entirely by human and food waste goes into service between Bristol and Bath.
10
10

Opinions of bes.co.uk for plumbing supplies
BES ( seem quite good on price for plumbing supplies - basically copper pipe and fittings - but I have not bought from them before. Anyone have experience with them and would care to express an...
8
8

mortar with stronger adhesion
Can anyone recommend a suitable stronger adhesive than ordinary cement pug to re fix an exterior step which consists of a standard 450mm square slab cemented to a concrete block base? The problem...
19
19

wetroom heating - only a towel rail?
I have a new wetroom downstairs. Dimensions are 1.5x2.9x2.6. Was planning t o have towel radiator of 500 x 1600 but not sure that will be enough in win ter. Have looked at past posts and opinion about...
22
22

Plaguey capacitors on PC mainboard.
I know there are some people with good electronics knowledge here, so I thought I'd ask. I've a Dell PC, maybe 8 years old. I don't want to throw it out, because it's 64-bit, and I'm a bit short of...
31
31

Shop cyclone
Saw this post: I currently just hook up to a vac ... has anyone made such a cyclone in UK ,, be interested what parts you found suitable. DIY Dust/Wood Chip Collector: This is a super easy way to...
17
17

Webcam access
Have you changed the default username and password on yours? http://www.insecam.cc/cam/bycountry/GB/
7
7

Outdoor security lights
I have three outdoor security lights that are becoming very tatty. I am looking to replace them, how about LED versions, are they reliable and what is a good make/source please?
29
29

T4 Tubes Life Expectancy
Hi all I have been seriously disappointed with some Eterna fittings that I installed for under cabinet kitchen lighting. There are five separate fittings, two pairs using the supplied link lead and...
6
6

Worx circular saw?
I saw one of these on a TV ad the other day - a rather bizarre hybrid of a circular saw and an angle grinder. Can't quite decide whether it's the best idea since sliced bread or an extraordinary...
7
7

CPC SDS drill
Is this likely to be any good: 33 quid. Another website says it's 3.6kg, so not quite the usual cheapo SDS lump. I don't have an urgent need for an SDS as such, but my current mains drill decided to...
21
21