Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - PDF converter/editor
I have to send one sheet of a credit card statement to an insurance company. I can download the complete statement as a PDF but I don't want to send it all. Now, I'm sure that one program I've used...
34
34

best w/screw type for T&G floorboards to joists
Anyone recommend a "good" wood screw for fixing 20mm T&G floorboards to joists? I have a room to do. I realize virtually any w/screw will kind of do but I'l like to do this job just once :-) Shanked?...
8
8

[OT] Black Friday - WTF is it?
It has just angered me enough to send this email to 8 suppliers, many of which I do regular business with: ##### Oi, you lot! Black Friday - never heard of it before. All I know is I have been deluged...
49
49

Class II appliance requirements
I was under the impression that Class II appliances had to have physical insulation e.g. plastic or other non-conductive material between the live parts and accessible metal parts, hence the term...
18
18

Re: Free website hosting
I have a site under sites.google and you can get at the definitions of most things from body text to each if the headings, set colours and background images, reasonable control of layout, etc. But I...
1
1

SIP trunk on an IP Office, with a SonicWall NSA 3500
I have posted this over at but just in case someone here knows the magic combination, I though I would ask here too! I am REALLY struggling to get a SIP trunk working on my IP Office 406 (5.0) with a...
5
5

OT A cracker this one. Definition of precocious
http://www.maniacworld.com/stay-calm-dad.html

OT Anyone else done their Christmas shopping?
All done and dusted here. And to keep it slightly on topic I bought my Dad an angle grinder to replace the one I broke.
27
27

HW cylinder star question
Whilst our CH is on the blink we've been using our immersion heater, a very rarely used item in our mains pressure HW tank. The overheat stay tripped out last night and when I looked at the...
2
2

Is there any way of comparing light output from different breeds of lamp?
The open areas of our works are floodlit. Originally incandescent, then tungsten and now metal halide. We use 150w, 250w & 400w mh lamps. All on 9m stands and operated by dusk/dawn sensors. Some of...
19
19

Frying Pans
Only slightly DIY I will be doing the frying myself but not making one. What do people here recommend as far a decent frying pans go? For use with a Halogen hob and needs to stand getting hot enough...
11
11

OT: Premier inn booking trick
Quite often when I try to book a single Saturday night at a premier inn -even weeks ahead, they have no rooms but add a second night )Friday or Sunday) and miraculously they usually then have space. I...
4
4

Gridwatch
What's the lowest and highest contributions from wind over the last month or so? Bill
4
4

Aldi - 18V Li-ion Drill and Driver Kit
From Sunday: or At 100quid it looks an ok deal for 18V Li-ion with two batteries between them. Shop for Baby, DIY, Kitchen, Cycling, Sports, Tvs, Home & Garden online. TinyURL.com - shorten that long...
3
3

Heater fan replacement
My daughter has a decorative fan heater/fake fire (a Dimplex machine). Most of the big black box is just for the decorative fake fire and it seems to have a pretty conventional 2 or 3kw fan heater...
18
18