Subject Author Posted Replies

Useful site
Ceramic cartridge tap spares and some useful advice; I particularly wanted some of these, never been able to find them before; ?SS21 The Tap Magician The Tap Magician
2
2

OT - SSD, cloning and bad sectors
Ok, got a new larger capacity SSD to replace the old Crucial M4 64GB (almost 2 years old) one in a laptop. No problems, just an upgrade, and releases the M4 one for use elsewhere. Now yes, I'm sure...
8
8

Access area in floor under radiator?
I am shortly (for a very loose definition of shortly because I keep getting diverted) going to lay a tongue and groove (probably) OSB floor to the lounge. The floor will be treated (probably varnish)...
7
7

MOTs on cars that will fail next one...
If I took a car belonging to someone else for an MOT test to decide how bad it is and so whether I'd want to bother, would the MOT failure overrule the few days left on the old MOT? Jim K
65
65

Kitchen delivery marathon.
Went out shopping at about 11.00 this morning - and a white furniture van was double parked delivering a new kitchen to a couple of doors along. Two men and a sack trolley. Had to back up some way...

Re: Cat 5e Cable????
It really depends on just how the internal wiring is performing. It could, for example, pick up interference from nearby other cables, etc. All you can do is try it and see. I'm using my BT infinity...
2
2

Plumbing regs and isolators
Hi all, For the sake of convenience, I'd like to use just one isolator for both a sink and a toilet in a bathroom. This isolator will be under the sink, but the toilet it also controls will be at the...
13
13

Quick cherry picker question
I'm going to be phoning round hire places, but meanwhile... ...what size cherry picker am I likely to need to access a chimney pot roughly 27 metres up and 3m away (horizontally) from the nearest part...
27
27

What theses symbols mean on microwave
Looks like the micro wave has packed in (not heating) Lost the instruction manual and these symbols appear in red so presumably some sort of warnings. Anyone got any ideas what they mean in case I can...
25
25

Bathroom basin tap not working
My bathroom basin is fitted with cheap taps from B&Q, brand name Plumbsure Azure. Over the past few weeks the hot water flow has gradually been slowing down and now it's stopped completely. The cold...
7
7

OT: Firefox Verified by Visa stopped working
Can anyone suggest where to start looking for a solution to this problem? Googling hasn't turned up any recent problems and I've tried the suggested fixes with no luck. Trying to purchase from various...
23
23

OT: What comes after Cyber Monday?
What comes after Cyber Monday? Crap Tuesday? Returns Wednesday? Only 19 shopping days until Christmas?
13
13

Has the internet slowed down ?
Loads of sites extremely slow today. Zen ADSL2+ service is normally very good but virtually every site is crawling along at dial-up speeds today...

Re: Close coupled bog cistern - knackered bolts
Ah - a mate has a B&Q one where the bolts go through the bottom of the cistern. And not surprisingly have leaked. Mine are brass and have survived well.
1
1

Weeping radiator lockshield valve spindle
In deep dudgeon today after my cock up with the leaking washing maching fill hose because I'm too stupid to realise there should have been a rubber washer at each end I'm determined to not let this...
7
7