Subject Author Posted Replies

Car headlamp bulb
Standard Replacement 3 Pronged Car Headlight Halogen H4 Bulb 12V 60 / 55 Watt Anyone know if this is a `dual` dipped / main beam bulb or should I look for a dipped only. thanks
64
64

Safety camera partnership
Don't expect that to change anytime soon. The (ex police) instructor on my speed awareness course responded to one of my fellow attendees who complained about that this that the reason they do it is...
117
117

A bit OT ! Xmas tree and lemonade
So am I gullible in believing the Xmas tree seller that I should put lemonade in the cup of the tree holder and keep it topped up ? Is the guy relieving the boredom of the day by sending us all away...
6
6

Reusing old and damaged cans of foam and cleaner ???
I have quite a few old and damaged cans of foam, some are years out of date and dont flow into the guns, some have the tops damaged. If I pierce one with a nail then i could maybe use some of the foam...
5
5

Easy colour match
From local Freegle group:- "...... need 2 pairs of matching curtains. Walls painted Mongolia, .."
4
4

Sealing chipboard
Hi all, Would it be ok to seal chipboard with PVA and if so, at what ratio to water, number of coats etc? This is piece will be going under a WC, btw. cheers, cd.
6
6

Emerging technologies.
List of emerging technologies. I expect the really interesting stuff is hidden/secret. List of emerging technologies - Wikipedia
15
15

after twenty years of sunshine
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/IMG_20141216_142325.jpg
4
4

TOT - Do you want fries with that?
It seems some people will be disappointed if they do: McDonald's in Japan said Tuesday it is having to ration french fries, despite having airlifted in more than 1,000 tonnes of potatoes, as eateries...
4
4

Retrofitting to latest wiring regs
The managing agent for our rental property called in an electrician to replace a socket in the bedroom of a property. We were asked if we wanted a new consumer unit fitting at the same time, which we...
21
21

Spur for additional socket, run cable on exterior of house?
Afternoon all, Is this allowed? I've got to get an additional double socket installed in a bedroom. I plan to run a spur off an existing socket which is on the inside of the external brick wall. I...
13
13

OLED Televisions.
Notice these are being promoted. Are they a true LED TV, or just LCD with LED backlight?
10
10

Stroke of car door lock solenid?
Can someone tell me how long the stroke might be on your average car door lock solenoid. It's just that I want one to operate as an actuator triggered by a PIR detector. Thanks
16
16

Tool bargains
Hurry! KMS Tools & Equipment | - Air Tools Autobody Hand Tools Air Compressors Construction Metalworking Tools Outdoor Tools & Equipment Power Tools Safety Equipment Shop Equipment Tool Boxes Welders...
7
7

Siemans Wireless Thermostat System - Fit for purpose?
A week or two ago my daughter asked me to have a look at her CH. The heating was very intermittent. She had a Siemens thermostat in the sit ting room with a wireless receiver in the airing cupboard...
6
6