Subject Author Posted Replies

Riello oil pump
More pump woes: Yesterday evening my oil fired boiler decided to stop. (It must have known it was cold outside.) There was clearly power going to the boiler but the motor would not start. So I removed...
2
2

What does the team think ?
wonder how long t would last ? In this video I show how to repair a 12 volt car battery for under 5 dollars using pickling water "food grade Alum", "Aluminum Sulfate". A shortened version of this...
4
4

TOT: Message of Good Cheer (2023 Update)
Having watched The Glenn Miller Story and Dambusters today, I am reminded, not for the first time, of the heroism, self-sacrifice, and ingenuity of the people who defended Britain against the Nazi...
80
80

"No see" parking.
My problem is a busy road leading to traffic lights just isn't capable of s upporting rush hour traffic; and I live on it. Across said road is a car pa rk, (try parking on said road at rush-hour. I...
41
41

Energy saving heaters - recommendations?
It's getting chilly and time for an energy efficient heater to put in the hallway to take the edge off the cold. I have heaters in each room but not in the hallway. What's my best bet for economy?...
71
71

My neighbour needs a quiet pump.
Why is it that at this time of year, when its hard to get folk to look at central heating my neighbours pump starts soundling alike a very noisy motor bolted to a sounding board. I suspect its...
9
9

Mira shower not working
Mira mixer shower has stopped working. No idea which one. When you turn it on water comes out fine but then it falls away to a trickle. Any thoughts? unnamed | Northwestengland | Flickr unnamed |...
3
3

how to install an app from a SMART TV SAMSUNG ?
Hi all I found a lot infos on installing an app, instead any to remove an app! Do you know how ? Thanks Giorgio
1
1

Sheets/custom shapes of Tyvek
Tyvek is a kind of paper-like material. I recently bought a wallet made from a single folded sheet of Tyvek , and I wonder if it's possible to make a few myself, by hand. I assume that there are...
5
5

OT helping elderly person with their Android tablet remotely
I'm trying to get an older disabled lady I know into using the Internet after having inspired her by showing her my tablet on a Christmas visit. The problem is she's 200 miles away so I need to be...
4
4

How to disguise an externall CCTV camera
I'm planning to install an external CCTV camera which will be mounted insid e my garage looking out through a hole in the wall of the garage at the bac k of my house and I need some way to disguise...
30
30

OT - Car Insurance Fiasco
There's your problem. Start by ditching the brand loyalty, and play with a meerkat. Ring the changes, and experiment to see what gives you a good premium.
22
22

OT: Mystery object
OK, this one came in a Christmas cracker from Aldi. Some pretty good other things, but no idea what this is! It's about 7cm long, silver coloured plastic; the two curved 'blade' things don't appear to...
27
27

Sam Suds,, PVC.
There have been a couple of topics of late I found particularly interesting plastic tubing ,, hand baskets in the supermarket,, Which one do you pick up,, yesterday i was picky and chose the older...
5
5

PDF Editor ???????
Can anyone recommend ( a preferably free !!!) editor for .pdf files? I have a large file (approx 250 pages) that represents a machine manual that has been scanned to searchable pdf format, and I'd...
9
9