Subject Author Posted Replies

"New" chimney sweep method
Just had mine done (solid fuel stove with lined flue). The guys used a rotating rod and flail set bit like this: Never seen that before - but it brought down a large amount of clag - about 4 times...
1
1

OT: Scottish Power's Systems - a mess?
Scottish Power has not billed the community hall, for which I am responsible, since Feb 2014. It should be billed quarterly. I have emailed and phoned but get confusing stories. Several other people I...
13
13

Replacement Swedoor handles
All my internal doors are made by Swedoor, I want to change the handles as these are 20 years and and have become tarnished. Does anyone know of a dedicated Swedoor handle supplier? I have tried all...
1
1

bloody ebay
Bought a used lens which was faulty Seller agreed to a return but says I must use the return label supplied by eBay. Cant get this label. Have emailed ebay twice but no response. Any...
3
3

What are these called? (Assuming they exist...)
I am looking for a device, connected to my home network, that will allow me to turn a power switch on and off remotely over the internet. Not really sure what I am looking for, so any advice will be...
31
31

SLA battery testing ?
Full of crap as usual, these are test methods advocated by the manufacturers, often with equipment supplied by them. RS don't supply such equipment. More conjecture and drivel from a half wit. Things...
50
50

SOT: Car battery conundrum
I know this is the 'wrong' group, but a few of the blokes in the 'right' group are also in this group ... My car battery is a few years old, but it seems to be managing OK. But the hazard lights seem...
145
145

Removing spout from Framke mixer tap
The spout of our Franke Zenith mixer tap is getting rather stiff to swivel, Simple I thought, just unscrew the collar, lift it out and clean and grease the O-rings. But lifting it out is a problem. It...
4
4

Shaver sockets adaptors and 13amp plugs and extensions
I would really like someone to produce a proper shaver socket extension cord. At the moment if I want to charge the battery in a shaver I need to shove it into an adaptor in a 13 amp socket, then the...
9
9

Rain penetration on top of cooker vent
Daughter had raindrops coming in corner of kitchen. West-facing wall in Scotland so very wet. Traced to the cooker hood vent. Rectangular section with good cowl on outside. Remove flexible trunking...
8
8

Fridge freezer- replace light switch in Fridge freezer - (Bosch KGV3120GB/04 UK)
*For the info of others .....* I replaced the switch which operates the interior light. This is housed inside the top front panel - operated by the movement of the door. The switch is in the panel...

Springs Question (secateurs)
I asked 2 questions on the gardening forum for recs on secateurs circa £20. Felco is a brand suggested by some. Ok but the 2nd Q was regarding the springs themselves. Not sure I'm going for Felco,...
10
10

Kitchen sockets
I'm doing a bit of a refurb in our (22 y/o) kitchen. I've sanded down all the (wooden) drawer and cupboard fronts and painted them, which I'm very pleased with, I finally found some dark brown 19mm...
57
57

Personal DIY fails this weekend
Fail number one - for about 6 months now the halogen downlighter in the pla yroom has had only two working bulbs. And try as I might, with the supplie d sucker and with a more advance sucker tool, I...
17
17

Hurricanes in the Antarctic
Region: Antarctica - Magnitude: 6.1 Date & Time: 2015/01/11 18:39:44 UTC Latitude: 68.90 S Longitude: 127.40 E Magnitude: 6.1 What price an hurricane force storm there I wonder? What governs things in...
4
4