Subject Author Posted Replies

Fixing non working brake light, well that was an odd one.
The high level brake light on our 2009 Ford Galaxy wasn't working, replaced bulb, still not working. Didn't seem to be power to the light unit. Thought I'd leave it to the garage to faff about with....
12
12

OT: LOL: Only in Sri Lanka...
I don't think the BBC have mentioned it here, except on the World Service, but Sri Lanka now has a new President, thanks to the previous incumbent's own personal astrologer of 32 years telling him it...
5
5

SOT: linking USB endoscopes etc to Android Tablets (Hudl2, Asus Memopad)
Semi OT as I will use it for allsorts if it can be done :>) Reading of agro with OTG cables and "device not supported" issues Anyone managed? TIA Jim K
7
7

Looks good to me.
Also good was the hand carved trees. Chris
10
10

How strong are chimney stacks?
I have a defunct stack which goes up through the hip face of the roof, is about 2x3 ft wide/deep and projects some 12 ft above the tiles including pots. The reason I ask is tonight we have 63mph winds...
40
40

Biomess?
"Billions of pounds of public money is to be spent supporting ?green? boilers, despite evidence from the government?s own experts and industry that they will do little to help the UK meet its clean...
46
46

Highly insulated homes and Asthma
Some research at Exeter has found that people in highly insulated homes are 50-100% more likely to get Asthma than those who aren't. This research covered housing association homes. The suggestion is...
12
12

Roofing Options
I have a carport, currently covered in felt (that is leaking). I am considering three options: 1. Remove and replace the felt (cheapest, but shortest life) 2. remove felt and replace with EPDM...
14
14

BT Freestyle 650 green light flashing
Everything works fine, but the green light on the base unit flashes all the time. According to the manual it should only flash when being rung, during a call, or searching for handsets. I have tried...
4
4

OT (ish?): British Gas Hive Hub
Just had a hive heating system installed for being able to control the CH & HW from away. So far so good. The Hive has its own 'hub' (it calls it a 'Nano Hub' on the label on the unit) which plugs...
8
8

OT: MOT reminder
Up until last year, I received a reminder that my MOT was due, and it gave me the first date on which I could have it done, and still preserve the old MOT date. This year, nothing, I just remembered...
24
24

OT: Stephen Hawking film question
Something that puzzles me about Stephen Hawking's communicator gadget is that he appears to control it with a binary switch, which clearly works but must be as tedious as hell to enter text. Oddly...
14
14

Converting cross slot sizes to Philips
I want to get some Phillips screwdrivers for very small screws. Most suppliers quote something like this: "#0 and #00". However others quote things like this: "7 Heads Phillips 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5,...
17
17

OT Car insurance.
Well yes, there was that too.
24
24

One way mirrors again
This was discussed before - there is no such thing as a one way mirror, it simply relies on the dark side giving off less light, and the light side reflecting more, so the light side cannot see the...
25
25