Subject Author Posted Replies

Compressor dehumidifier
Who makes a decent, small, portable one? I have a desiccant type (original purpose conservatory and shed, alternately so needs to cope with cold, hence the choice). It's been under trial drying...
4
4

Pump on concord wrs not working
Hi hope some can help pump on boiler has gone it is buzzing can I turn it off at wall. As don't want it to do damage to boiler of heating system. Thanks
3
3

Bendy (kerfed?) MDF skirting - any recommendation?
Floor is down and the skirting comes next. We have a bay window that is curved, so we need bendy skirting. The last lot was constructed (not by me) in several parts, with vertical wood strips, ply...
19
19

Nissan Tino wipers solved (Thank uou!!)
I just wanted to thank everyone for the help with my Nisan Tino wiper problem. I followed Lee's advice and bridged pins 3 & 5 of the relay. The wipers then worked! (Thaks a million, Lee!) So I guess...
9
9

Anyone here part of SpeedWatch?
As per subject!
105
105

Virgin media transferring some of its customers to Talk Talk
I've just had a message, apparently genuine, from Virgin Media, telling me that it's going to transfer its non-cable broadband and phone services to Talk Talk. I am not pleased, to put it mildly,...
27
27

Video Clip 'Looped' (repeating itself ) on to monitor screen
After having downloaded a video from youtube using firefox on Windows 7, is there a way to very simply replay a clip of from the video (that repeats itself in a loop) onto a monitor screen? Preferably...
7
7

Oil boiler problem - tripping out when windy
I've now realised that every time recently that it is windy, the oil CH boiler has a tendency to trip out with an apparant overheat problem. This has been going on for about 8 weeks (maybe more, I...
15
15

Name for a brick type?
Regular dimensions and flat parallel faces except one, a header. Used for decorative purposes in header-bond work. So not malformed/kiln-rejects , perhaps single-part moulding rather than 2-part...
11
11

Pull Switch Madness
Apologies in advance for this rather lengthy story. Before moving into our large bungalow just over a year ago I insisted that the vendor had a full electrical safety test carried out based on our...
36
36

Java issues and web cam
I'm having similar issues with my XP Desktop, as with my Win7 Laptop and it varies as to the extent of the problem.... As the browser to view the cam, I'm the latest version of Firefox. As either PC...
9
9

Hot water supply always live
Hi All, I have a Y plan central heating and hot water system with a 3 port mid posi tion valve. I decided I would label up all of the wires in the wiring cent re for my own benefit. When I came to the...
9
9

Any fix for neutral cure silicone not curing?
I needed just a little silicone a few weeks ago and used some black Dow Corning 791 neutral cure I had left over from a job a year or so ago and which was still flowing. Problem is that it's not going...
4
4

So what are the best power tools ATM
Looking at buying a new SDS cordless, SDS 110V (4kg with rotor stop and a 2kg one) and a new cordless drill and cordless screwdriver set. I still like Bosch for the cordless stuff and Makita for the...
16
16

Follow-up question on Slow Leak in C/H system
I've now located the leak. It's on one of a pair of automatic air-vents. Easily fixed by replacement, if a bit of a fiddle, requiring partial drainage of the system etc. But I'm wondering if they're...
7
7