Subject Author Posted Replies

What type of door closer is this?
The significance is that the closer is on the other side of the door to most closers like this which are typically on the opening side. Any ideas? Door closer - Wikipedia...
8
8

Update: test results (was Vacuum flasks (OTish))
Well after the best part of 24 hrs with a SS flask and a conventional flash filled with boiling water, the temperature of the water in the SS flask was 44C. To drink, it felt decidedly lukewarm. The...
3
3

OT: Rechargeable Batteries
I've got a DAB radio (Sony S60DBP) that takes 3 C type batteries. The instructions say 'rechargeable batteries not supported'. I take it that's because they tend to be 1.2V. I'd rather not splash out...
51
51

Lidl Motion Sensors
Lidl have some security lights on offer tomorrow - and also some separate "motion sensors" for 4 quid each Has anyone bought one of these before, or would anyone care to hazard a guess as to what they...
11
11

adjustable feet for bench/worktop support?
I am planning to a new bench/worktop about 3m wide x 750 deep x 820 high, straight across the back wall of the garage. The floor is solid concrete. Please any suggestions for strong adjustable &...
4
4

Instructions for Triplex dowelling jig?
I have a Triplex (French make) dowelling jig sans instructions & am puzzled as to how to use it. The jig is the same one as: That thread was posted in 2011. Does anyone have the instructions or...
11
11

PING John Rumm - Vigor 2830 PPPoA->PPPoE relay
Hi, Do you or anyone else happen to know how to knock a 2830 into a dumb PPPoA->PPPoE bridge/relay So I can put the PPPoE client on a linux server. Is it the: Internet Access/PPPoA client/PPPoE...
15
15

OT: Telephone ring tone from Talk Talk
Further to my post regarding Virgin Media transferring its ADSL customers to Talk Talk, this has now proceeded relentlessly, irrespective of and completely unrelated to the timing announcements from...
20
20

DIY Windows 8 Touchpad fix required
Problem with new laptop. - I have two left hand "buttons" on the touch pad not actual buttons, left or right hand side of pad By that I mean when I touch the right hand side I get the same effect of...
3
3

Toilet for narrow room.
Hi I want to convert a fairly narrow room into a bathroom. It will have to have a toilet and bidet opposite the washbasin, so to maximise the space between I'd like a bog (and bidet) which doesn't...
22
22

Log splitters
I've just about run out of split logs, and also logs which will yield easily to the "grenade" splitter which has been very successful up to now. I thought I would look up log splitters. Hydraulic ones...
25
25

Victorian/ Edwardian sealing coat material?
For sealing the surface of exterior brick or plaster/stucco/pargetting before painting. Black or very dark grey material, so hard it almost seems like a glaze fired on to the surface. Almost...
7
7

Bolting to concrete - removably
I've got something that needs to be bolted down to the garage floor, but which needs enough working space around it that it's going to be a PITA if bolted down permanently. So I'm thinking in terms of...
20
20

TOT Wii mario kart B button jums instead of ...
triggering the bullet, star mushroom boosts etc. any ideas why this suddenly happened? ta steve
2
2

Vacuum flasks (OTish)
A few years ago I had had a great day chasing free flight model planes at Old Warden and was pretty tired... To rive me a bit for the drive home I reached for my flask of hot coffee....-and it slipped...
61
61