Subject Author Posted Replies

Smart Meters
Caught a tiny bit of a call-in on energy suppliers on the car radio just now... I seems there's a problem with smart meters if you want to switch supplier - not all suppliers can use all smart meters,...
9
9

GET/MK grid - compatible?
Hiya, Anyone happen to know if GET Ultimate grid modules are interchangeable with MK ones? Got a load of GET switches in grid format (to allow for mix of dimmer and switch modules). However the GET...
1
1

Protecting inside of new coal hod
Last coal hod lasted barely 2 years before corrosion holes started to appear. Just got a new one, painted metal. So I'd like ideas for protecting the inside of this one please. (Yes I know, could have...
2
2

480 supply?
During a visit to cut down branches that were hanging from the overhead wires the chap from the leccy board commented that we had two supplies into the home and asked if we were on 480 supply. We are...
24
24

More Lidl goodies
Next Monday, Lidl have cordless circular saw, jigsaw and hammer drill on offer using 18v Li-ion batteries. The batteries are the same on all. Same price for each - 39.99. The jigsaw is a pendulum...
17
17

Any use for old CDs?
Has anyone got an interesting use for old CDs and DVDs?
21
21

Smelly covers ..
Just gone to put SWMBOs scooter away, and noticed that the cover - a generic BBQ cover made of some sort of synthetic - is giving off a nasty whiff that comes off on your hands. *Exactly* like the one...
2
2

Stihl 038av chainsaw
Hello, I have a Stihl chain saw. It was working fine when it went away but now wil l not start. When I pull the pull cord the cord extends and retracts okay b ut there is no real resistance there. I...
4
4

Bonding oil supply to outside boiler
Does the oil supply to a boiler which is outside the house need bonding since it doesn't actually enter the house and so is not an incoming supply?
5
5

$10,000 Ethernet cable (not from Russ)
Got £6,899 (US$10,500) to spare and worried that a Cat-6 Ethernet cable is keeping you from hearing the very best of your NAS-stored collection of MP3s? ... ... ?The beating heart of the AudioQuest...
4
4

OT: Sl-o-o-o-o-o-w LJ5M
In recent months, it appears that my trusty LJ5M is taking longer and longer to render pages (sometimes as much as 5 - 10 minutes per page), I assume as the complexity of them rises. I'm printing a 37...
18
18

Sewerage advice please
My 81 year old father's neighbours have decided that they need a new bathroom in their house. This new bathroom is (of course) on the opposite side of the house to the existing utilities. Now, there...
34
34

Costs to renovate an old house
My daughter is looking to buy a Victorian ground floor flat that's not been upgraded for years. Re-wireable fuses, lath and plaster, poor insulation etc etc.. It would seem sensible to budget for...
29
29

Raised slabbing - any experiences ?
Following the idea of raising my patio with decking, I stumbled across the possibility of using slabs set on adjustable supports ... support-pads/ has anyone tried this ?
16
16

Anyone mended an Insinkerator Boiling Water Tap?
Insinkerator 'under sink' boiling tank and tap above that provides filtered cold, and boiling hot water for tea making etc. JUST out of warranty the tap part has started to let by. Cold mains enters...
5
5