Subject Author Posted Replies

Smart meters finally fitted.
First chap left having done nothing. Muttered about needing a second person to help with changing the gas meter as it was in an awkward location. (Why I wanted a smart one, as awkward to read too) Not...
18
18

OT: Motorways
Most of my longer journeys involve the M65 or M6 Northbound of Preston. Reports of accidents/incidents causing closures and delays are an almost daily occurrence. I don't travel very often but when I...
42
42

Thermo syphon?
Pal has pretty ancient heating system. Says this fault is new. Boiler is BE and conventional flue located in the kitchen. Hot water cylinder, pump and three port valve all in a cupboard off the 1st...
8
8

Wash the shed?
On the topic of instructions.... I put a small shed up the other day and the instructions said it should be washed daily with soapy water 'to prevent bacterial build up'. Sometimes I wonder if they...
4
4

Electric Cars
Drove my first all electric car today, except for dodgems at fun fairs in the past. Fiat 500 as a loaner while my car is in for service. No gears so I spent the journey reaching for non existent gear...
17
17

Super Glue
I've never had much luck with super glue plus accelerator and I just wondered do they age badly, (i.e) if my super is past its sell by date, or use by date, is that my problem
21
21

Kindle - Do all Kindles have very poor touch screen responses?
Do all Kindles have very poor touch screen responses or have I just got a bad one ?
32
32

Re-roofing workshop
HI Folks My glass-making workshop here in Ireland has a torched-on felt roof (12' x 24'), which is, after 15 years or so, is showing its age and starting to leak, though the chipboard is basically...
12
12

Dangerous USB cable
The cable became knotted after the boy inserted it and he was unable to remove it. The cable became knotted after the boy inserted it and he was unable to remove it.
30
30

Gas boiler and cooker hobs not lighting
Hi can anybody help. I pay pr paid meter for gas and electricity. My gas ran out I usually just top up and open the noise of the valve wasn't as loud this time and now the boiler isn't firing up so I...

Downlighter advice needed
1. About 20 years ago, I installed some downlighters in an upstairs office. Each has a 35w 12v MR16 bulb, and they are all powered by an electronic transformer. The downlighters are not fire rated, so...
10
10

Android phone font query.
I have a Moto G31 and because I probably need glasses I have set the phone to the largest font, and try to use dark mode where possible. I can see everything, though there are some Apps where the...
5
5

Melamine coated board problem.
The day my order of boards came I just had time to cover them with a tarpaulin where they were laid. Naturally water got in and the edges swelled. The iron-on edging is a bit two narrow to completely...
8
8

make your mind up
for joe public if you don't want crippling bills then forget your fluffy cloud idea about saving the planet for your children while china builds 3 or 4 new coal power stations EVERY WEEK if you want...
12
12

diy callsign stickers ...
3