Subject Author Posted Replies

Wilkos - abandoning spray paint?
Went shopping for paint at the w/e. Failed on both sorts, at both Screwfix and Wilko. Silver metallic aluminium paint - might as well have asked for a cup o'hot polonium. Screwfix list it on the...
5
5

OT Economic transport
I need to send a collection of items (dining table and six or eight chairs, vacuum cleaner, two life size heads, fan heaters, side tables, etc.) from the south of England to the north of Scotland. Had...
11
11

Rimless wallplug recommendations?
Neighbour new to the joys of walls with an inch of Victorian plaster before there's even a chance of finding brick asked me what wallplugs I recommend. I told him I use Fischer SX rimless so they can...
14
14

More adjustments on sliding mitre saw
My MacAllister COD250DLSM doesn't look to be set up quite right at the centre setting. Thanks to previous assistance I've got the 45 degree tilt more or less there but when over at 45 degrees it is at...
4
4

Micro CHP, Baxi Eco Gen
Just came across the thing looking for info on the Fiat ToTem, Total Energy Management which apparently went out of production 1985. Eco Gen case studies all seem to date from mid 2000s, is it just a...
11
11

Erbauer Submersable Pump Wireing
I have a Brand New Erbauer Submersable pump which ran perfectly. It had a float on it with connections inside to make or break the power to start the pump I took it apart and removed the float switch...
3
3

Gas and non-gas PTFE
A little while ago I posted about an MDPE weeping connection - thanks for responses. Having prepared for destroyed olive, no insert or whatever, opened it up and found it was what it initially seemed...
18
18

OT: Traffic modelling for junction
Would anyone be able to indicate what it would cost to set up a traffic model for a road junction using industry standard software eg LinSig, Arcady, Picady or Transyt. The junction I have in mind is...
53
53

Don't do it yourself
...After having a fine curry that you've added lots of chopped raw chili to. Ouch! I didn't say anything about getting a professional in. NT
2
2

Mesnews search panel off screen
Likely no one on here uses or has even heard of it, but all support seems to have gone... Its an off-line newsreader, with a search facility. You press F3 and the panel to fill in the details of your...
9
9

Cordless screwdriver (review)
I've been thinking about getting one for a while to save the hassle of carting the Makita drill / impact / driver around. So when I spotted the Lidl Li-Ion "Parkside" in the week for £15 it was a bit...
2
2

Latest
Been offered: 2x Makita cordless drills & batteries, charger, case: £40 single drill with hammer action, /battery/charger JCB £10 evo sliding mitre saw £60 What do ya think? NT
4
4

OTish Volume Icon
Left my PC on last night, this morning Windows had "added some updates". Now the 'Volume' icon has disappeared from the task-bar so I can't turn the sound up or down. Thank you piggin Microsoft. Right...
55
55

OT......Europe's Largest Solar Eclipse Since 1999 Will Plunge UK Into Darkness On 20 March
Get yer sun goggles ready. Europe's largest solar eclipse since 1999 is set to block out as much as 90 per cent of the sun's light in some areas of the UK. On the 20 March at 9.31am London will lose...
36
36

bread machine
We currently have a Kenwood bread machine and are happy with the results however we are starting to have a problem with the paddle sticking to the loaf and having to be prised out. Our last machine...
5
5