Subject Author Posted Replies

How Old Are You?
According to: am the 292,232,693 oldest person in the world, feels like it sometimes! Population.io by World Data Lab Population.io by World Data Lab
14
14

Advice on allowing access when re-boxing tiled section
Hi all I am looking at re-boxing in a section of tiling behind our WC. The section is about 35cm x35cm; the previous tiling and plasterboard had to be removed due to a leak. I still have the original...
12
12

asda essentials range bread
been buying that asda 38p white bread regardless of the yellow packaging marking me out ....I admit ot I'm cheap and dont care about such things.....bread is very good
11
11

Apprentices OT King and Queen
The former PM said the new monarch has served the ‘longest apprenticeship in history’ real test is can he use an angle grinder? The former PM said the new monarch has served the ‘longest...
8
8

Phew, no need to curb pollution
Thanks to those amazing scientists Research shows that cancers might not always be caused by DNA mutations, as previously thought. Research shows that cancers might not always be caused by DNA...
7
7

Rat trap recommendations
A family of rats seems to have inhabited an area on our cotoniaster covered rockery. Tried the chilli smelling substance and the sonic repellent but with to no avail. At this stage I'm not after human...
43
43

Help connecting wireless thermostat to boiler (2023 Update)
A long version of the installation is in my recent thread " Turning radiator off/down - no thermostat valve" Simply, Baxi 105 HE Combi installed at the end of a utility room extension. 11 radiators in...
78
78

Plastic tube for spray oil
I keep losing the little plastic tube which comes with WD-40 and other oils in an aerosol spray. Where can I buy these separately?
9
9

F plug for inset socket (Roberts Gemini RD-20)
I have just improved the reception of Dads old Roberts Gemini RD-20 FM/Dab radio by removing the telescopic aerial and connecting it to my loft-mounted FM aerial (mounted at 45 degrees and pointing to...
3
3

Energy Prices
I have just received an email from British Gas containing: "You’re currently on a fixed price tariff, so the Energy Price Guarantee will protect you in the same way that it protects customers on a...
47
47

252
why is rte 1 on LW 252Mc/s off air?
26
26

Central Heating extension
I would appreciate some thoughts on this. I have an old house, with a thatched roof. The bedrooms all have gable-type ceilings, ie the first three feet of the walls are vertical, then they slope to a...
16
16

Funeral Plans
It looks like some TV channels have censored all their non-stop adverts for funeral plans and over 50s life insurance. I wonder why?
20
20

Oh, hello. BBC4 HD suddenly being broadcast from Midhurst
I noticed this last night. It just seems to have appeared. Typical, just as my eyes are starting to cause some problems too. Midhurst viewers normally have to wait for at least 2 years longer than...
3
3

Smart meters finally fitted.
First chap left having done nothing. Muttered about needing a second person to help with changing the gas meter as it was in an awkward location. (Why I wanted a smart one, as awkward to read too) Not...
18
18