Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Wireless Printer Problem
I lurk around this group and know how broad is the expertise of those taking active part . So I will try here for help. My wireless printer is an HP photosmart 5520. My router is a Netgear DGN2200....
8
8

Eclipsed:(
Well that was a non event, hardly got dark even and what's more the birds were flying around and still chirping away, not a patch on 1999 anyone remember that?, not spectacular but very noticeable....
37
37

OT; How hard can it be?
Been having fun & games with new smart phone since early Feb. Samsung Galaxy Ace 4. Intermittent fault where it suddenly goes completely silent, no ringtone, no text alert, no sat nav voice, no alarm....
3
3

What about I player?
Who cares about clarkson lets have one on getting back the functionality of the I player and its lists that the beeb changed without telling anyone over the last year or so. Brian

OT: Just Curious
As part of the ongoing replacement of gas mains hereabouts they mark out the routes of utilities into houses and I noticed the leccy is marked in red 'L.V' (obviously 240V), but some are marked 'L.V...
5
5

S.O..problems with tailgaters
Her indoors gets quite a bit of hassle from tailgaters - esp. white van apes and artics who "park" about 10cm behind her, (admittedly small), car. She's not the world's best driver but is not a...
109
109

Eclipse risks national grids
The sudden loss and then rise of output from solar panels is a much bigger sudden drop and rise than national grids are designed to handle. Germany in particular is expecting to loose up to 35GW...
59
59

Composite front doors
Hi- I've been looking at these, and have a couple of similar prices (£1000 - £1100 fitted) for composite front doors. The offers are two very differen t types though. One is made by XtremeDoor ( )...
1
1

Drystone wall replacement
I asked this question on the NG some time ago but the suggested solution of rebuilding in the same fashion does not appeal. Would it be feasible to use "casing" or a couple of wood sheets nailed...
5
5

generator to power elec concrete mixer....
If I wanted to remotely power my ekec concrete mixer (850w), what size/capacity genny would I be best off with? TIA Jim K
16
16

Where to buy quality tools.
I'm sick and tired of cheap an crappy tools. In future, when I need something new, I want to buy something decent that will last. I had some CK bought for me by my Grandfather when I was a teenager,...
14
14

Speaker compatibility with AV systems?
I have a 7.1 surround sound AV receiver, which was actually sold as a 5.1 system (ie speakers included; with the option of adding another pair of rear speakers). I already happen to have a pair of...
18
18

TV advert
Warning There is an often repeated advert on TV at the moment informing SHMBOs how easy it is to fit toilets into unsuitable rooms. The purveyor of this useful information is Saniflo.
7
7

[OT] Dental crowns
Definitely not a DIY - but my "temporary" filling patching up a part broken molar has just started failing. Not bad for 2 years, the dentist expected it would fail sooner... I guess it's time to get...
69
69

OT: Green marks on shower Reloaded
We have a Gainsborough shower about 6.5 years old. Not electric. Plastic "chrome" pole to which the tube and shower head are attached. I've recently noticed green deposits on the pole and shower head....
1
1