Subject Author Posted Replies

Paging ARW - generators bla bla
Howdy. Geezer over on the bike group says that I should ask you. I want to connect a genny to my house. Got the isolating switch in, but the genny has no neutral. I don't want to fry the gubbins in...
70
70

Ikea "Metod" wall cabinets - any good?
These could work rather well in som eof the bedrooms and maybe hall for high level storage. I like the rail mounting idea too - means I can neatly sidestep the wiring runs. Anyone put these up and are...
4
4

Fire door damper
You know the soft close cabinet buttons? Is there a heavy duty version that can be set in the frame or the back of a door. I have a door with an inbuilt firedoor closer (required) but it doesn't half...
23
23

plaster pealing when painting
new plaster starts pealing when I paint
9
9

Aldi 'dremel' £13 Sunday
Looks very good value. 135w, variable speed, 2 collect sizes. NT
14
14

Aldi pry bar set. Recommended!
4 Piece Pry Bar Set 4 pk£8.99 They look like bent screwdrivers, but are amazzingly capable. Doors, windows and floorboards... easy peezy [sp?]. My son has stripped out pretty much his whole house...

PVA as a sealer
I am about to paint a wall (emulsion) that has a couple of grease stains on it, would PVA act as a sealer? The 2 spots of grease are about 4 cm in diameter.
1
1

Clamp mitre saw for profiling
Leading on from another thread.... is there a known way to clamp a compound mitre saw in a less than fully down position, so it can be used to profile wood strip? NT
12
12

Greek Sewers. Always told about not putting paper in toilets in Greece.
Always told about not putting paper in toilets in Greece. Surely if they had the will to do something then some sort of macerator / separator / shredder could be installed at the exit point of hotels,...
13
13

CH misbehaving
An old Y plan system failing to fire up when CH & HW both called for. Checked programmer output: both lines are indeed live Checked stat output: its live, and switches correctly Checked boiler: no...
11
11

Come all ye young garrdeners ... mower battery saga
Posted here (not URG) because here (where else!) is where I asked about my problem of charging the battery for a ride-on lawn mower (on 11th March). The problem was that the mower wouldn't start (or...
2
2

Bendy skirting - the saga continues
I've had to take a couple of weeks off to attend to other things. Now back on the job. Progress so far: skirting bent almost to fit, but that final pull in is proving that the screw+plug+skirting is...
27
27

OT: Wireless Printer Problem
I lurk around this group and know how broad is the expertise of those taking active part . So I will try here for help. My wireless printer is an HP photosmart 5520. My router is a Netgear DGN2200....
8
8

Eclipsed:(
Well that was a non event, hardly got dark even and what's more the birds were flying around and still chirping away, not a patch on 1999 anyone remember that?, not spectacular but very noticeable....
37
37

OT; How hard can it be?
Been having fun & games with new smart phone since early Feb. Samsung Galaxy Ace 4. Intermittent fault where it suddenly goes completely silent, no ringtone, no text alert, no sat nav voice, no alarm....
3
3