Subject Author Posted Replies

Job here for Adam?
Check out our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/prairieaerial To use this video in a commercial player, advertising or in broadcasts, please email Viral Spiral: contact@viralspiralgroup.com...
18

Replacing Fluorescent Light Fittings
Our kitchen Fluorescent Light Fittings need to be replaced. The present fittings each have two four foot tubes. How do I choose new LED fittings to have a comparable amount of light?
13
13

Tyre wear question
Curious as to possible cause of this problem, NSF tyre is wearing faster than the OSF, but it is completely even wear across the tyre. It does have a somewhat "scrubbed" look compared to the other one...
36
36

Self-levelling compound suggestions
We've got an outbuilding that I'm refurbishing and bringing back into use as a studio for SWMBO's artistic and creative purposes. Originally built in the '70s as a commercial kitchen, the concrete...
18
18

OT Energy consultants and smart meters
Is anyone else getting pestered by "energy consultants" offering to act on one's behalf, have smart meters installed and then negotiating a unit price while it is low now for when renewal is due next...
10
10

Do they really mean that?
Seen in B&Q re. a luminaire: ...opaque lampshades. This was on the dome type, so nowhere for the light to go. Saves buying lamps, I suppose. Also on, er, Ambay-ish: high density MDF. OK.
7
7

Problem with flag pointing
I have quite a lot of flagging, and the pointing was flagging (;-)). so last summer I scraped out the problem areas and re-pointed, now, already it is a mess. What have I done wrong, I made a 3:1 mix....
4
4

PING TMH
you got mail Cheers Jim K
1
1

Misted double glazing
I have moisture misting up inside one double glazing window pane. Is there a a DIY fix for this I'm not aware of? Or is it simply a case of having to replace the sealed unit? Mike
13
13

water source heat pumps
The next big thing apparently Exclusive: Scandinavian-style technology water-source heat pumps to be used
14
14

Are energy-saving light bulbs now a thing of the past already?
Several years ago, when bulbs exactly like this one were introduced, various shops, Sainsbury's in particular, ran promotions to buy them for 50 pence each. I bought about a dozen. Now I've used my...
86
86

dishwasher detergent clogging drain
I need to put rods through my drain about every year or so due to dishwasher detergent congealing and clogging the drain. Using "Finish" (top brand ?) tablet detergent. We rarely use the sink which...
36
36

OT Big increase in solar electricity anticipated
Solar energy 'could provide 4% of UK electricity by 2020' "The plummeting cost of solar panels has caused the government to revise upwards its forecast for solar energy use, Energy Secretary Ed Davey...
92
92

Charging Shelf
One or two people have mentioned making a charging shelf, to tidy up the arrangements for charging mobile phones, tablets, cameras, toothbrushes, etc. Have any of you made one and, if so, how did you...
25
25

Customs payment
Ordered up some bits from the US which I'll likely have to pay import duty on. Tracking says they arrived at UK customs on the 20th. I presumed they send me a postcard saying how much to pay, then...
32
32