Subject Author Posted Replies

How to wall mount a map?
Google just tries to sell me maps to mount on a wall. So; requirements. I can mount a map flat on the wall (OS or purpose bought/printed) behind some kind of clear plastic and easily remove the map...
19
19

B&Q Closing stores
Good riddance, I recently went in looking for some small steel washers, over £2.20 for a pack of 12 WTF!
55
55

B&Q Buckets
I bought one of those orange plastic buckets from B&Q last week - and the handle hasn't fallen off yet!
12
12

Source of 2-3/16" plastic pipe fittings
I have a blocked drain consisting of 2-3/16 inch plastic pipe which runs as the long leg of a T from sink in kitchen and AAV in cupboard, under the floor and out below the window of a second-floor...
7
7

OT: The Life Scientific
I've just listened to ?The life scientific? (R4). Jim Al-Khalili let himself down badly. On the subject of sea level rises due to global warming he said, "That?s very scary. A metres of sea level rise...
80
80

OT Clarkson. You couldn't make it up!
Heh heh. He'll be driving a G-Wizz next! Former Top Gear presenter says being sacked by the BBC was a ‘wake-up call’ as he joins host of celebrities backing climate change campaign
72
72

Ideal home exhibition
We went to this today. Very poor from a diy viewpoint, only found 2 very small stands selling drill bits.. Smart meters/solar power and a few other "good" ideas were being promoted to the unwise....
17
17

No Pressure for Mono Block Tap kitchen Mixer
Wife and motherinlaw bought a Franke sink and Monoblock Mixer for me to fit in the mother inlaws kitchen ground floor flat. So new worktops, units redistributed and new hob and sink in. All was going...
12
12

Still grappling with fluorescent light fittings
Still grappling with fluorescent light fittings We have four fittings, each with two four foot tubes. That is around 28000 lumens. A couple of tubes have blown, and it's not too dark, so we can...
29
29

Parental guardian - internet (WEB) filtering
Never bothered with our two but the computer they used was in the breakfast room and anyone passing through could see what was on screen. We also took the time to try and make 'em Web Wise. As some...
12
12

combi boiler question
Is it ok to run dhw while the central heating is drained ? thanks in advance hal
6
6

Wind turbine pwned ;-)
Oops: Still, at least we know they would never make the same mistakes with smart meters etc... Wind turbine blown away by control system vulnerability • The Register

[OT] Smart meters are a ‘costly mistake’ th at'll add BILLIONS to bills
I did not realise the government was involved much other than pushing the idea to the suppliers. I'm glad to see cyber threat was mentioned.... But this statement was a bit stupid: "Abandon the whole...
28
28

new wall, not load-bearing, foundations?
I am thinking of building a block wall adjacent to the party wall to reduce noise from next-door. It's a standard victorian terraced house. Can anyone tell me whether I need a trench foundation or...
6
6

B&Q to close ~60 stores
Kingfisher, the owner of DIY chains B&Q and Screwfix, is to close about 60 B&Q stores in UK and Ireland over the next two years.
11
11