Subject Author Posted Replies

Toolstation Pricing
Just a reminder to check you're getting the best deal when thinking of buying from Toolstation eg: Swarfega Orange Hand Cleanser 450ml: Toolstation: 4.96 Amazon (delivered): 3.46 Screwfix: 2.99 Aldi...
4
4

using your own domain with BT webmail...
Setting up a domain for an old friend, who isn't very computer literate. He likes to use the BT webmail service and has a couple of addresses Its trivial - and I have done it already - to redirect...
27
27

What's the difference ...
... between; - Sanitary silicone and - Silicone frame sealer ???
4
4

Braun toothbrush chargers
What voltage do they supply? Is there any difference with various models? I have quite an old model and wish to replace it with either the 3000 or 4000. I know they come complete with charger but no...
24
24

Buzz buzz remover?
What do the the local electronic diyers think is the best glue to use to stop a loud buzzing transformer in a piece of equipment. Its not actually mounted its just sandwiched between plastic bits of...
43
43

LED light bulbs
Having read other threads, it seems I'm the only person left still using mainly traditional incandescent light bulbs. We have one room, usually used by son playing PC etc., with two freestanding...
29
29

Glue Gun - recommendations, please
One of those tools I've put off buying, but I'm now convinced that one might be a Good Thing. But which one? Is the Bosch PKP18E (£20) much better than a Titan TTB580HTL at half the price? And not...
6
6

OT: Domestic freezer problem (possibly)
If you have a look at this photo of a tub of ice cream from our freezer you'll see it's got loads of ice on the top: Why is that? Is the freezer too cold, too warm or is it indicative of some other...
12
12

Myson part required
We have Myson LST radiators in part of the house and two of them have the same problem. The plastic housing for the remote bellows that operate the TRV have broken on both. See image Any ideas where I...
12
12

OT Computing security question
I have recently noticed (it might have been that way for some time but I hadn't noticed) that when I am logged into gmail using firefox, the address bar contains a grey triangle containing an "!"...
8
8

3 French words
I need 3 French words, beginning with I, K & W, of things any toddler will recognise, and which can be drawn with geometric shapes/lines rather than actual art. Any ideas?
22
22

Mains plugs
Funny question.... I'd like to know the quality levels of the various brand s of mains plug. Will be dealing with a lot, not just a few... thought you folk would know more than anyone. Ashley -...
10
10

Petrol can washers
I bought a 5 litre plastic can at a petrol station shop so I can get unleaded for the lawn mower. Now it turns out when I come to use it that there ought to be a (rubber?) washer for the screw-on...
21
21

Coal delivery and elfin safety
We had a coal delivery today - our normal 3 x 50kg sacks. As usual, it arrived on a flatbed truck, driven by one guy, who lugged each bag on his back round to the back of our house and deposited it in...
51
51

Leaking radiator valve connection
I've noticed a drip coming from a c/h radiator valve connection, and I'm not quite sure exactly what I'm dealing with. Here's a picture: Having Googled around I think there's an adjustable radiator...
9
9