Subject Author Posted Replies

Free Webcam Chat In The World
webcam online , join me here for a free webcam show webcam room , chat for free , free chating , video chat , free video chat online , watch me on web cam for free , chat with people for free , free...

Help! Cutting steel.
Help me please! I've bitten off more than I can chew. My front door consists of a steel frame with removable glass panels. I need to fit a mortice lock into the steel upright section, but I am having...
21
21

Patio Door wooden sill replacement
Hello again uk.diy, The second of my "things to sort out this year" is the rotten sill undernea th the patio doors. I was planning removing any screws along the bottom edg e of the frame and then...
8
8

Garden shed leaking. Solution?
Hello all, I've got a couple of DIY issues I'd like to tackle. Firstly, I have a concrete block-built garden shed which is letting in wate r. Seems to be coming in through the bottom course of blocks...
12
12

Cabinet door repairs
Common problem I come across is kitchen cabinets where the doors have been opened beyond the limit of the hinge and the euro screws have pulled out of the chipboard carcass. This leaves two gaping...
9
9

cheaper garden wall blocks
Anyone know where I can get blocks a bit like these for making an attractive low garden wall, but cheaper (Wickes is actually the cheapest I found for these blocks): Also, I only need just over half a...
1
1

networking cable: Cat 5e vs Cat 6
Looking at the DIY wiki & some other stuff on the WWW, I see that Cat 6 wiring has its pitfalls, & that "cat5e is the current general recommendation for home use in 2010". Is that still the case?...
69
69

OT Programming for a child
I've been asked for advice by someone who has a friend with a 10 year old. son. The son only sees his father on occasional weekend visits. The son has expressed an interest in programming and, as far...
24
24

OT Nuclear waste.
Coming to a place near you? It was bound to happen. Will it have a greater effct on houses prices than a wind turbine? I hope they put it under TurNiPs house. Pigeons coming home to roost. Note the...
80
80

Resealing old paint cans
I have dozens and dozens of old paint cans, some rusty. I want to go through them all and chuck out all those with dried up paint. How shall I reseal them? flexible gap filler? Clingfilm between the...
8
8

Impact sockets?
I needed a 24mm socket for a couple of things. Steering wheel nut, plus wheel nut (and I plan to use an electric drill, possibly impact driver, to spin the nuts on and off). I chose the Draper "Impact...
11
11

OT. Pension advice needed
Can any of you point me to a working pension advice forum? Google just comes up with way out of date or none working links. Or does anyone know the answer to this question? Can I make voluntary...
8
8

cable clips & fascia
I need to run a length of cable along some plastic fascia, will ordinary cable clips do or is there as special type I should use.
7
7

Unlocking an SD card
We've got an 8gB SD card that has lost its "write-protect" switch which has unfortunately converted it to read-only. A quick shufti inside doesn't reveal any obvious switch connections so I'm guessing...
11
11

OT Overpopulation
Britain in a few years due to immigration? How do you raise awareness about population explosion? One group thought that the simplest way would be to show people
47
47