Subject Author Posted Replies

Cheap screenwash
Happily whizzing along the road last night. Went to wipe screen and the ****ing screenwash froze onto the screen. Luckily I was able to pull over and clear it safely. Checked container and it's rated...
39
39

transformer
Want to replace a transformer wih these specs input 100-240v 50/60Hz 0.5A Output 25.2v 0.8A Is this output 25.2v@ 0.8A critical? Would 1.0A suit? I'm complete neophyte here :-(
20
20

Car starting problems
Hi All, I posted the following in but fidn’t get much response…. There are some updates at the end… “I bought a 2006 2.2 D Toyota Corolla Verso in Nov 22… It didn’t like starting in the...
44
44

OFGEM call for views on Standing Charges closes TODAY
If you are really annoyed by the way that standing charges were hiked to - a) pay the compo handed to the switchers who lost their credit after the unviable minnow energy company they switched too,...
1
1

OT: e-Readers
What's the script with e-readers these days, as in are there any to avoid because they're too controlling? Must confess that I only know of the Amazon 'Kindle' or the Barnes & Noble 'Nook' readers -...
60
60

Electric Car Owners Confront a Harsh Foe: Cold Weather
Electric Car Owners Confront a Harsh Foe: Cold Weather By Schmall and Gross, Jan. 17, 2024, New York Times With Chicago temps sinking below zero, EV charging stations have become scenes of...
15
15

Poor design
Last week my car battery went flat. The car had been driven during the morning but was now needed to collect grandchildren from school. My neighbour was outside so I went to get the jump leads, at the...
100
100

tv SOUND
how come they can't produce a a telly with good sound?...is it because the speakers are to the rear or do they just want you to buy a a sound bar ?
24
24

Laptop battery takes days to charge
I have a run down, battered old Thinkpad that I basically use as a desktop at home because the motherboard is cracked and doesn't stand being carried around. Apart from that, it used to work well. I...
24
24

Octopus E7 / Smart Meter
We currently have E7 from Octopus with an old style E7 meter. As some will know, the signal the old style meters use is being turned off in March and to continue with E7, you need a new meter. It...
36
36

Humax EPG
Humax FVP 5000T set top recorder is often very slow to populate the EPG. Signal is from rooftop aerial not internet. Some stations can be populated either fully or partially whilst others are empty....
44
44

Floating windfarm
Scottish floating windfarm is being towed to Norway for 3-4 months holid^H^H^H^Heavy maintenance <> The world’s first floating offshore wind farm, Hywind Scotland, is coming offline for three to...
58
58

Computer Mouse Problems,
Folks, We have an optical mouse on our home office computer, which is on a Ikea white table. It really does not like the very smooth surface, its much better on something with a little texture, but...
45
45

Display differences between PC and laptop
I have a PC (Dell Optiplex 780) and a laptop (Dell Latitude 6230), both 64 bit and running Win 10. I use the PC at home, and the laptop when I am at my local Archive doing research for visitors etc....
11
11

Exterior Polyfilla
If I do a patch repair on an outside wall using this stuff, anyone know if it's waterproof as it stands or does it need to be painted? Get a lot of rain at this time of year!
4
4