14.5 Kg Calor cylinder.

I picked up a '15Kg' cylinder from the local tip today in order to get a 4.5Kg one for my camping stove. I've decided to keep it for a while since they charge me =A310 and it's got 4Kg of gas in it, however I note that it states 14.5 Kg Net weight on the side of the bottle. Is this still a viable bottle for exchange to a 4.5kg one when the time comes ? I've googled this but can find little talk of 14.5Kg calor butane bottles at all. The cylinder seems to be the correct physical size ( 580mm tall ) I will just assume they used to be 14.5Kg and it's an old cylinder,just wandering can any one verify this ?

Simon

Reply to
srp

Doesn't the 15Kg refer to the gas content weight rather than the weight of the metal cylinder?

Does it look like one of these?

so, you should be OK. Most Calor vendors I've come across are pretty tolerant - I've traded in cylinders which weren't even Calor but from a supplier they took over years ago.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

yes I think it's a 15kg one that's been filled with 14.5kg for some reason. I can't find another picture or mention of one like it which is strange ! Maybe it's a collectors item ;-)

Simon

Reply to
srp