13A plug, switched

Hi all I'm trying to find one of these. I have located a 3:1 adaptor

but not a single plug. Any ideas?

Reply to
Grumps

Not seen one for many years - might an RCD plug be an alternative?

Reply to
Mike Harrison

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 16:46:29 +0100, "Grumps" mused:

Was Googling 13A switched plug a little too dificult. 2nd entry (well, above 2nd really, 2nd Froogle entry).

Reply to
Lurch

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 17:06:18 +0100, Lurch mused:

Suppose I might as well give you the link as well as I've got it.

Reply to
Lurch

Like:

Any ideas?

Replace the socket with a switched one - probably cost about the same.

Reply to
John Rumm

I got some in B&Q in Ireland a few months ago

Francis

Reply to
notfjk

Well of course I googled, didn't froogle though. I must be going blind. That's what working at home does for ya. Ta for the link.

Reply to
Grumps

Indeed. I'm not sure of the age of the exisiting wiring though. And I'm not going to pull a socket off and have the insulation crumble in my hand.

Reply to
Grumps

Ah, an excellent excuse to visit my home country.

Reply to
Grumps

Well if it is that bad, you need something done about it *now*!

Reply to
John Rumm

Seems a shame to spoil it by going to B&Q though ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

I don't know what it's like, but I know it's quite old. It's not my house, but I guess the owners should get it checked over.

Reply to
Grumps

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 17:52:29 +0100, "Grumps" mused:

Google Froogles for you when Google. Anyway, I`, not one to hold a grudge.

Reply to
Lurch