Subject Author Posted Replies

OT The new cat just changed colour and swept the chimney
I thought I would give this one a home I was asked by a friend - how long do you think he will he stay white;-)? About 2 minutes after moving in was the answer. The daft sod just climbed up the...
18
18

Another mobile question - redemption cashback
My contract is due end soon and I'm happy with my phone, so will be free to choose a SIM only deal on any network (once phone is unlocked). Digging about I've come across a couple of offers from on O2...
13
13

OT - unintended consequences?
As everyone seems to be posting election stuff: Rents to be capped at inflation, rental contracts to be for three years with no termination by the landlord without a "good reason" (whatever that is)....
16
16

OTish; Laptops
Time has come to replace the tower PC with a laptop, so I'm after some advice from the learned people here, since I'm a computer numpty. I'm looking for something around 16". I don't play games (only...
287
287

Soil pipe - rodding point or vent?
We have a soil pipe running down the outside of the house, which goes underground then turns horizontal, and runs towards the main sewer. A few feet from the soil pipe is a branch which leaves the...
7
7

Wood screw / Threaded Fitting
I want to be able to fasten a bolt in to a piece of wood - the back of which is inaccesible. I am looking for a "wood screw" which will have a tapped hold down its middle -into which I can fasten a...
9
9

Ot Hustings.
Been to a couple of hustngs lately. Noticable how barking mad the Green party are on non-Green issues. Some dopey woman promising the "end to austerity". Only slightly madder than the labour woman in...
27
27

Matching pointing colour
I'm would like to tidy up some pointing at the edge of a paved footpath. I wondered if the mix proportions make much difference to the final dried colour. If people think it does I will make some test...
4
4

OT: Car dash camera
Looking to get a dash camera because the standard of driving is becoming terrible these days. I don't want to spend a huge amount of money but nor do I want the cheapest crappy ones so I'm willing to...
25
25

frdige freezer problem
We have a five year old Beko CDA660F fridge freezer and it appears to have developed a fault. It stopped working for a while today and after I cleared the drainage tube and tinkered about a bit it has...
7
7

Problem with one of my three toilets.....
Errr..... This is a bit of a graphic post but please bear with me. My dwelling has 3 toilets. When I perform a Number 2 in two of the toilets, one flush is all is needed to make all the Number 2's...
36
36

New mobile phone chip question
I received my new (unlocked) mobile phone today and found that the chip from my old phone is too big. I have a contract with THREE. Does anyone know the procedure to get a smaller chip from THREE to...
29
29

OT PAYG mobile phone tarrifs
All I want is a sim card with £5 or £10 on it that I can use when needed and the credit will not run out at the end of the month. No need for internet or free texts. Any suggestions?
48
48

Is a TV bolted to a wall portable?
I currently supply an LCD TV for tenants. The Scottish Gumint has decreed that the electrical apparatus in let property must in future be inspected (both PAT test and comprehensive wiring check) by an...
38
38

Refurbishing the basin taps
10 days ago, I bethought me to replace the washers in the taps in the downstairs loo, and the project is still on-going, with the kitchen being mostly disassembled in order to get access to the pipes...
3
3