Subject Author Posted Replies

Replacement wall light switches
Doubtless a daft question, but ... I want to replace some of our ordinary white wall light switches, some one way and some (landing light) two way. Seen a box of ten two way that would suit....
31
31

Water and human proof bell push needed
Well says it all. I have a little door phone and after about 6 months trying to keep the call/bell button has been abandoned in favour of an old bell push I found in a drawer with a Woolworths price...
28
28

alt.internet.talk.haven
Just found a vacant newsgroup that might suit a lot of us who post OT subjects in uk legal and the D-I-Y group. Shall we jump ship and use this group to save the annoyance of posters who don't like...
37
37

OT: Making a knife
I don't know whether many people here watched the BBC4 programme about Owen Bush making a kitchen knife on BBC4 the other night? I would have liked to understand a bit more about what he was doing,...
27
27

OT: What you can and can't do at a polling station
Can you wear political clothing? People shouldn't wear party political clothing. At the last general election Nigel Tonkin, then Westminster Council's head of administrative services, said that...
22
22

Help with excel formula
I know wrong newsgroup but trying to get something I can understand So hoping one of you guys understands excel formulas. Using this formula: =AVERAGEIF(C3:AL3,"%",C18:AL18) What thats doing for me is...
27
27

Torbeck (Again?!)
Just went to B&Q to get a replacement diaphragm, and just where you expect the little hole to be, is a sticking-up bit of plastic. Do I just snip it off?
2
2

Colin Furze
Does anyone else follow Colin Furze on Your tube? I enjoy seeing how he builds most of his crazy machines. Mike The first video in my quest to build the best pulse jet powered go-cart the internet has...
21
21

Re: OT (Australia) Tony Abbot sets up new schools
This has nothing to do with the uk or d-i-y.
1
1

Re: OT NewRussian tank
Because they have something called "heavy industry", things called "factories", thousands of skilled workers, and making military vehicles is a strong tradition they won't let go of? Oh. And they have...

Some people here will want to decorate their walls with this
Tim W http://paintwithnigelfarage.com/
5
5

OT. Generic drug testing.
Last week I had occasion to look into a new generic drug. What I found was somewhat horrific. The generics used a sample of twenty people, ten on the new version and ten on the original. The test...
3
3

Fixing a rad to thin air
Gentlemen, I slightly exaggerate, but not by much. I have to hang a rad to that lino-esque stuff you find more and more used in bathrooms these days. I *think* it's called panelboard. Anyway, it's...
12
12

Brilliant diy video
Loving these hot DIY tips. Tim w Little DIY jobs around the house can add up to be quite expensive. But with my quick DIY hacks I’ll teach you how to save a fortune. These simple fixes to...
20
20

Wind turbines a complete waste of money
We've all been spun bullshit about how efficient they are. The payback time is probably somewhere over a 100 years. They need to be renewed about every 20 to 30 years and many cost over a Hundred...
45
45